• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

baby buns and sticky bums - 3 weeks old

ROCKET!

Young Bun
the babies were three weeks old on tuesday and just started eating pellet food this week, there are sarting to munch on ss as well as hay!
two of them have sticky buns :shock: i have put them on probiotic through the bottle but wondered what else i should be doing, i am so worried about the flies and this weather! i am checking on them as much as possible and i know the mortality in rabbits this young is not great but i would hate to lose these now.

what shoudl i be doing if anything

Eve x

jrn1310 said:
Hay, hay and more hay with a tiny amount of pellets.

there only having a few jaince because they are so young and are really pinching them from mum (whos is eating like a horse because of her iminent litter :roll: :roll: ) i can hardly keep food from her now can i! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Eve can you bodge some kind of 'trough' container that hooks onto the wire of the hutch, so that mum eats out of that but the others can't reach it, and then only put a few bits on the floor for the others to get used to gradually??

AlisonA said:
Eve can you bodge some kind of 'trough' container that hooks onto the wire of the hutch, so that mum eats out of that but the others can't reach it, and then only put a few bits on the floor for the others to get used to gradually??

i like your thinking girly not so mad after all! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just keep them clean and leave them as they are if it's not serious and short term, at this age, they're only just really learngin to groom themselves so will need a little help, they generally grow out of it.

Back