• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

These are sooo cute!!

Squishy

Banned
Some of you might remember sometime last month I posted some pictures I took of my walk in the forest and there where ducklings on the lake in the middle. Just incase you missed it here are the Ducklings again... sooo cute :love:

rodents073.jpg

rodents071.jpg

rodents076.jpg

Well I went back a few weeks ago and here they are now :love:

walks2133.jpg

walks2134.jpg

walks2132.jpg

walks2131.jpg

walks2125.jpg

walks2119.jpg

The where also some very cute new hatchlings and two little lonely ducklings :love:

walks2121.jpg

walks2122.jpg

walks2123.jpg

walks2126.jpg

walks2128.jpg

walks2127.jpg

walks2129.jpg

walks2130.jpg

awwwww! they are so sweet. Lovely photos.

I do like ducks, especially the babies!!! We have a pair of ducks who have recently started to come up our road every day (approx 7.45/8am every morning) - our neighbour gives them bread and even has an ice cream box ready for them outside the house full of water for them to drink out of!!! They get noisy on a sunday, as usually everyone is having a lie in and no one is about!!!

Not daft eh!!!

We used to feed the ducks and swans in Craig y Nos castle but I think they've stopped that now :( - Shame cos I used to love that as a kid, got some great photos somewhere, there'd always be one cheeky duck that got to the food first, and we were always scared that the swan would attack us for the food cos it was so big but it never did.

They are sooo adorable. The ducklings will come really close to take the bread, but the older ones stay in the water.

Years and years ago my parents decided to put a pond in the garden. It's around 2 metres across and 1 metre wide, so not very big! Anyway, once it had been dug and filled, various wild creatures slowly began to inhabit it... water boatmen, pond skaters, frogs... then Dad joked "Oh we'll be getting ducks next!" This became a running joke for a few months.

Then, on April Fools' Day (I'm honestly not fibbing here!) we woke up, and Mum and Dad insisted we had two ducks swimming on the pond! Of course my brother and I didn't believe them, but they insisted so we said we'd look just to stop them going on about it... Sure enough, there they were!! :shock: They used to waddle all the way down the garden and quack at the back door for bread! We called them Doris and David, and they stuck around for a few weeks before flying away!

I love the pictures of the little teeny ducklings! :love:

AMETHYST

yay, i love ducks. I used to have pet ducks that used to love foraging in the mud in my garden. They had their own shed with union jack flags strung up to keep the crows away and a fab paddling pool. very patriotic.
my parents recently moved and downsized the garden so they have gone to a nearby country house......i have visiting rights!

Back