• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friend for Bunny

Hi,

One of my bunnies died recently and I am worried that my remaining bun (Lucifer or Lucy for short) will be lonely. How long should I leave it before trying to introduce her to new bunnies? And does anyone know a place that offers an introduction service and/or has a suitable bunny I could try her with?

Lucy is a dutch female, spayed, about 6mth old, she never properly bonded with my poor deceased Wobbles and they had to live apart but they played together sometimes and I'm sure she misses her. I hope to find a friend she will bond well with, possibly a neutered male?

Thanks

Having trouble pm'ing people today!!!

We have bonded a few pairs for people and one trio. Currently we have one who would be suitable Toffee a stunning rex/lop cross he is orange with white tail. He was brought in with a female and gets on well with other bunnys. He has had a bad start in life, but has a lovely nature.

Will be posting pictures of all bunnys on the website tonight.

www.bowdenbunnyrescue.blogspot.com

if you look on the main rabbitrehome page and search, you can search for a rescue in your area. lots of them do a 'dating service' to help your bunny find the right friend

i have a few buns that while i love to bits think could have a better life elsewhere. i have a lovely lionhead doe that need cutting, but she really wants a companion but none of my rabbits like her its sad, i have a speyed rex but don't think shed live with anyone, and a lionhead X but she's rather vicious or maybe just doesn't like me. If any would be any good for you let me know, we are travelling down to nottingham at the weekend on bunny related business if its any good for you.

bowdenbunnyrescue said:
Thanks you guys!

Thats really nice! Can't believe Amber is still here - she is so funny with her bunny flops and twists in the air!

I've had a nosey at your website before too and thought how well it was done and very good advice!

Thanks for that too! :D

Have to say without this forum i would be lost!!! All the advice has been great, really annoys me when people ask for advice but don't like it if you don't tell them what they want to here! :evil:

Hi, sorry i havn't been on here in a while and thanks to everyone for your advice. Lucy seems to have cheered up recently so she might be ready to be introduced to a new bunny but she is still quite nervous so I'm not really sure what I should do. Do you think a friend might calm her down?

yes i think she would like a friend.
Might be worth looking around for a laid back bunny who is confident with people so she can learn from him.

Bracken lost his companion in May and he was so unhappy after Beebie past away which resulted in him having GI statis and lossing weight.

I rang Bobtails and spoke to Delia who said that they did bonding, i took him on last bank holiday and met Florence a rex about the same age.

They went to Mary`s who fosters for bobtails and she did the bonding and then they stayed whilst I was on holiday.

They bonded straight away no fighting or chasing and i`m so glad i did it.

I would take your rabbit to a rescue who does bonding and take their advise.

happy bunny O did reply to your pm...have several males here looking for homes..but do need to arrange a homecheck first....please send your details by pm and we can get the ball rolling...and hopefully Lucy will soon have a boyfriend! :D

Back