• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rodentologist!!! .....

I went with my sister and her partner to pick up their buns tonight, after they had been in bunny boarding for a week ................. and I was disgusted!

Even though we arrived at the designated time, there was nobody at home. The buns were around the back in the garden in hutches which weren't even locked! They definitely hadn't been cleaned out in a week, one of the buns had hardly any water and despite completing care sheets and indicating what they liked to eat, it was obvious that this had not been adhered to! Everything was covered in rabbit poo and generally filthy! I bet they hadn't even been out of their hutches in a bl**dy week!

We noticed that the poor bun in the hutch above them had a full bottle of untouched water, because it was too low for the bun to access! in this heat too!! So, we adjusted the bottle and the bun started to drink immediately!

We took my sisters buns and just as we were leaving the woman arrived. Not much was said, but if it was me, I would have said a lot more! My sister had booked them in for boarding in August too, but she said they definitely aren't going back there!!! Apparently, she's going to entrust them to me this time!

They went to this place last year, where everything was great, but apparently it's now changed beyond recognition.

The woman actually had the audacity to charge them £60 for the week, which they had to pay up front! It makes me sick!

Carol xxx

Thats disgusting :x

Can you report her to the RSPCA or to whoever licenses these places, she must have a license to be doing it commercially?

Thanks Gem

Personally, I would report them, but whether my sister will, I don't know. I'm going to advise her to. One of her buns even had sunburned ears!!!

Carol xxx

she must..her buns came away with sunburned ears..others arent going to be as lucky...
please beg your sister to report them to the rspca..she can remain anon..or even you can do it...

it is a disgrace and folks like this will not get shut down etc unless they are brought to light..

please..beofre anything owrse happens to another bunny in their care..

Sounds disgusting. Yes they should have a licence and you are meant to renew it every year. You should contact the council, even just to ask for a spot check on the premises etc. b-m

bunny-mad said:
Sounds disgusting. Yes they should have a licence and you are meant to renew it every year. You should contact the council, even just to ask for a spot check on the premises etc. b-m

You dont need a license to board rabbits and guinea pigs :wink:

I am a little confused, why is this thread titled Rodentologist? :?

sgprescue said:
bunny-mad said:

You dont need a license to board rabbits and guinea pigs :wink:

I am a little confused, why is this thread titled Rodentologist? :?

You do in my borough. They are very particular about it, and it's very expensive. I have looked into it, but found that it would not be worth doing unless you have a huge property and do it on a big scale. b-m

Oh my god!!! That's awful!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I can understand that you wouldn't be able to name the bunny-boarding place on the forum but could you let u know what area it is in???

Melanie

contact the local council, even if she doesn't need a linsence to board, I'm sure she'll be breaking the enviromental health thingy.
I'd call them anyway.

Hi there,

I entitled this thread Rodentologist, because apparently she's a qualified one! :shock: :?

I'm not a Rodentologist, but I know the bunny basics, and when I don't know - I find out.

Carol xxx

I run a rabbit hotel and I am absolutely disgusted with what your sister's buns have been put through. She really does need reporting

Bunny Land said:
Hi there,

I entitled this thread Rodentologist, because apparently she's a qualified one! :shock: :?

I'm not a Rodentologist, but I know the bunny basics, and when I don't know - I find out.

Carol xxx

Rabbits arn't rodents so she's not a very good one, if she doesn't know that :shock:

Stupid women.

Thats awful!!!!! I am so glad I don't have to take the risk and board my bunnies - they go to my mum and dads to be spoilt rotten when we go away.

Have you reported her?!

sola said:
Rabbits arn't rodents so she's not a very good one, if she doesn't know that :shock:

Stupid women.

Really???????!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I didn't know that!!!!

Back