• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ants

sweety

Warren Scout
hiya

Hi

We have ants everywhere in this street ,we have all used sprays although I havent had any in hutches, but I have a slug proble, they love Rabbit Excell food.

I doubt ants will harm them, you could look for the exact place they are coming from, with my house I know where the nest is so I spray that, then theres either no more or a lot less..

sweety

I got this stuff called "antstop" in red bottle, it says it can be used around animals, but I don't trust that so I spray some under the polythene that lines her run, and in the cracks when she's not in it. It's cut the numbers down but they're still getting in.

I just check daily and get rid of the ones I see when I'm emptying her litter tray. Also don't leave any sweet stuff out - she ate half her apple and left the other half at the back and it was covered in ants.

I also have woodlice and spiders getting in - and I HATE spiders!! I find disturbing it often deters them.

in the garden we have loads of ants, and ive now found that a few have crawled into joeys hutch. there are only a few but i dont want to put ant powder down because it might harm my rabbit. what do you think i should do?

Same here. Ive just been to see my 2 outside buns and their run is crawling with ants coming up from between the slabs. There's a few in their hutch too :roll:

Back