• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spot on.

claireh

Warren Scout
the guys who make xenex have a new ivermectin spot on for small furries n buns called xeno 450. gonna try it this week as bodes gets horrific injection reactions,not just from ivermectin but everything.
comes in pks of 6tubes i think
or you can use advantage 40 small dog for fleas as licensed for use in buns,only available from vets though cos both prescription only meds so pets need to be registered and have been seen in last year

Hi there,

If you mean Spot On Flea treatment where you literally put spots of the fluid amongst the rabbits fur, please be careful. I used this on one of my buns, followed the advice carefully and despite that, he ended up losing his fur and being in some discomfort for a long time with his skin. The vet seemed to think it was this treatment and / or bun had very sensitive skin but nothing had affected him ever before, such as the powders you can buy for fleas. Needless to say, I haven't used it since.

Obviously every bun is different but just be careful and do a few skin tests first if you ar going to use it.

Good luck,

Helen

I was looking in Morrisons today and noticed they had Spot on for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs and Hamsters. I've never seen them before. Has anyone used them? Are they any good? Thinking of getting some for my hamster and rat so I can do them the same time I do the dogs and cats :D

I assume you mean spot on flea treatment? I'd personally never bother buying supermarket/shop stuff (like Bob Martin or similar brands) as it's just not as good as the prescription strength products you can get from your vet.

Hi squishy! When i had patch i use to use it on her. I now use it on my rats and mices and it seems to do the job

A good one to buy is beophar-antipaarasite treatment £3.99 foir 4 tubes

I used this for my ratties as the vets were closed and the only stuff that will sucessfully get rid of mites is ivermectin, which you can only get in massive doses in horse stores, or from the vet, but this beophar stuff has ivermectin as its main ingredient.

I used it as said so on the box and they were clear almost immediately.

would definately reccommend

you can get it either from PAH or www.ratwarehouse.co.uk

HTH

Back