• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a bad idea, re spay??

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Belle has to have a GA tomorrow (wednesday) for her molar teeth and I have asked if she can possibly be spayed at the same time...
Problem is I will be away from saturday morning until sunday morning as my Mum is getting married. As you may appreciate this isn't something I can miss if Belle has complications!

Should I cancel the spay, or will she be ok as she'll have three nights with me there?

Have decided not to go ahead with it as I just can't risk her being ill and missing/being late for the wedding.

(Its also not a good option for me at the mo money wise.)

I know you have decided not to go ahead now, but if you do decide.......
Pepsi had a spay and a molar at the same time, My vet kept her in for her first night because they wanted too check she was eatin ok, then when i got her home she was very quiet, a bit weary but with in a day she was ripping up her vet bed :shock:

I've got chap who has had dental and a neuter at the same time. He was fine. :)

If your worried about her having after op complications while your away you could always ask you vets to board her for the weekend.

Louise

Thanks guys.
Hann had a dental with his castration so was just more worried about leaving Belle over saturday really.

Had a chat to someone at the vets and they've advised against it as I'm away. I know it is usually straightforward but have noticed there have been a couple of people on here who've had things go wrong after a spay recently.

I don't really have any advice but I'd go with your gut instinct.You probably wouldn't enjoy the day and be worried.If you do it at another time you can give her your undivided attention and lots of love and care and then you'll feel happier.Good luck with the teeth (they are a problem aren't they :roll: )

Thanks Jayne :)

Belle is the bunny who i'm just looking after until I find her a home- can't believe she's same teeth problems as Esmerelda! Although the vet said they're not really that bad, probably just causing her a little discomfort.

Thank goodness she's with you who'll give her all the love and care she needs :D These rabbits will be the death of us but I guess we wouldn't be without them!

Jayne said:
Thank goodness she's with you who'll give her all the love and care she needs :D These rabbits will be the death of us but I guess we wouldn't be without them!

:lol: :lol: Yes, definitely!

I forgot to add actually how lovely the new vets are.
As I took her in today just to see if there was a problem or not they couldn't fit her in for a GA immediately, so they have offered to keep her in over night at no charge to save me taking her in again in the morning. So I just have to pick her up tomorrow afternoon. :D

Back