• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French Lops

helenlop2

Young Bun
Hi, I have 2 frenchies and have to say they are adorable and can recommend them as a breed if you have space.

Thumper is just over 1 year old now and since we had her spayed, her temper has cooled dramatically and she is the soppiest largest bunny I've every owned. She weighs 10kg and is HUGE! (Not overweight I might add).

Dougal is an orange french lop and about 6 months old now and since being neutured, he's just yummy in every way. He loves to come in the house and will sit and watch TV quite happily. He is always demanding attention from Thumper and she can't resist him so he's quite spoilt. He is getting to be very large now and has endless energy.

What I can say is that they require loads of space (ours have a playshed and two huge playruns attached plus daily run around garden) and its never enough as they will race each other and blinky for hours every evening. They also eat lots! They are however they most affectionate, rewarding and funny rabbits we have had and can't see us having any other breed now!

Helen

Does anyone have one? Just looking at a site and they seem really lovely, So just looking into them really. Also, any photos :wink: ? Xx

i have a frenchie shes a cow, very into humans as long as your abide by her rules, she goes for my ancles if you say no to her (and i am not joking here :roll: :roll: ) i have more bite out of my hands and ancles than you would believe.

must say i did put her in a hutch a couple of weeks ago after she bite my 4 year old again for no reason other than moving her crisps outta skye reach :roll: :roll:

Aww Angie, Barleys lovely. Whats she like size/temprement wise? Eve, Is Skyes behaviour typical of the breed? xx

beckiboo186 said:
Aww Angie, Barleys lovely. Whats she like size/temprement wise? Eve, Is Skyes behaviour typical of the breed? xx

no idea, shouldnt think so lops are suposed to be docile :shock: :shock: she is very boystous with other bunnies too! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Amys supposed to be a French lop but she was a little small last time I had her weighed, though she was quite ill at the time :? !

She's lovely very into people, follows you around like a dog, licks you to death and jumps on any visitors :lol: She likes to pinch any mail she can find to play with too!

She's also very strong, with quite a temper, and has managed to break out of 2 cages so far! She's been through the sides, roof and door hatch, and has also used her hay rack as a battering ram bending the cage bars :shock:

touie said:
Amys supposed to be a French lop but she was a little small last time I had her weighed, though she was quite ill at the time :? !

She's lovely very into people, follows you around like a dog, licks you to death and jumps on any visitors :lol: She likes to pinch any mail she can find to play with too!

She's also very strong, with quite a temper, and has managed to break out of 2 cages so far! She's been through the sides, roof and door hatch, and has also used her hay rack as a battering ram bending the cage bars :shock:

maybe a temper is typical of frenchies then!

I have a frenchie! :D he's gorgeous, but sooooo naughty and also boisterous!. He is also very strong and has a temper on him, but he is also very friendly. storm is full of character :D

My bigwig was a gorgeous big french lop he came here as a foster with a female (who had 2 babies) but ended up staying, he had alot of problems with his tear ducks and died under anastetic having them flushed :cry:
He loved people, very very soppy and cuddly.

Fiver was one of the 2 babies that came to me with bigwig (she is his daughter)

so she is a french lop cross, and really really huge :lol:
her ears do flop down now and again

fiverbun.jpg

fiver123.jpg

Humbug said:
thats fiver shes still here! :lol:

bigwig (french lop) was her dad :wink:

OMG so sorry - I was so in awe of those pics I obviously didn't read your post properly :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry :oops:

Glad you still have that gorge bun :D

I have a Frenchie, Daisy, who is a free range house bunny. She is the most placid and cuddly bun I have ever met. My beautiful girl. :D

Sarah

I have a french lop benny! I had always wanted one as I heard they were so lovely....and he is! he has such a big personality and so docile! I would recommend them to anyone! If a had the room i would have a family of them! :wink:

Jessica is gorgeous (not that I'm biased!) and a very affectionate bun. She will try to lick you to death. She does give the occasional nip but only gently (normally when you are not stroking her nose enough :lol: )

She has got a very strong character and has recently learnt to stamp her back foot when she doesn't get her way!

Back