• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Animal Healers

andic

Mama Doe
Bit of a long one this, but here goes....Mum and dad went to the RSPCA last year and gave a 3 year old Border collie girl called Millie a home, she is so loving and very good natured. She even managed to meet my bun, Earl, for the first time a couple of days before he died and she was so good with him.

Anyway mum was taking her a walk this morning and a lady came up to her saying that she had seen her and the dog walking and how well she was getting on with her, considering she had only been with them for about 8 months. Mum and dad don't really know this lady, just someone you may sy "hi" in the street to - not someone you really talk to. The lady said that she was an animal healer and that she had met the dog before when my dad was taking Millie out for a walk. Apparently the first time the lady met Millie she (the dog) lay straight down on the floor, as if submitting. the lady said that she had spoken to Millie and that she had told her that she had been starved to death and was beaten within an inch of her life. Millie told the lady that she could not forget the way she had been treated by her previous owners. the lady had reassured millie that she was in a loving home now and that she would be cared for and well looked after. the lady then did some healing. She never mentioned this to my dad. I think she wonders whether people are sceptical about this kind of thing.

But she told my mum about this today when she met her in the street and the lady said that she noticed a difference in the dog already and that she is beginning to realise this is her forever home and that she is loved now. mum said she nearly burst out crying then. A tear came to my eye when mum told me this.
Whatever you think about this, it is bizarre as this lady wouild have no reason to know the history of Millie (we know for a fact she was starved =- she had to be on 3 meals a day at the dogs home as she was so thin. she scavenges for any scraps of food. She must have been beaten as She is terrifeid of anything with a plug on it and the hoover as well. If you touch a newspaper she cowers away. Also she never had any toys, because she does not know what to do with them now). Anyway just wanted to say- what an amzing talent this lady has. Here are photos of the dog anyway, all happy in her new home. Just wondered if any of you guys have had any similar experiences.
2c97e8d1.jpg

[/img]
53fe644b.jpg

No similar experiences, But Wow, What an amazing story. Im intrigued ...! Millie is Gorgeous, and What an awful past :( xx

Awww Millie is beautiful.I am so pleased she has now found a loving home with your parents.

Thats fantastic. I don't know if I believe it but I would love someone to come and do that to Millie. My OH and I were watching Jack and Millie last night eating their dinner and the difference between them. Millie has her ears forward and turned towards you all the time, she gets some food in her mouth and sits up to chew always looking round. She legs it at any loud noise or if we get to close to her to quick. Jack on the other hand eats with his ears relaxed, doesn't mind having a stroke whilst eating and never brings his head up from his food bowl all the time he eats.

It just shows that although they were both rescue bunnies Jack did actually have a good start in life - he did live with people who wanted the best for him before he came to me. Although he was jumpy at first he soon got used to us. We have had Milly for two months and she is still terrified a lot of the time.

I'd love to beable to communicate with the animals.

As humans we only use a very small part of our brain, I think potentially we have much more capacity aroun ESP etc. Maybe way, way back people could communicate with animals in a intuitive way and do all sorts of things that we cant do today. Why would we have such a large brain and only use part of it if not?

Rabswood

I believe in healers, I read this book about a woman that could understand what animals were trying to tell her, and uses her gift to heal horses. In the book she tells you all about these different horses she's helped and how she understood them. It's amazing, I'd love to be able to do that.

bunny_burrows said:
I believe in healers, I read this book about a woman that could understand what animals were trying to tell her, and uses her gift to heal horses. In the book she tells you all about these different horses she's helped and how she understood them. It's amazing, I'd love to be able to do that.

yeah me too, I do believe and I'd love to be able to do that - do you mind me asking what was the name of the book? I am intrigued now and want to start reading up on it!!!

andic said:
bunny_burrows said:

yeah me too, I do believe and I'd love to be able to do that - do you mind me asking what was the name of the book? I am intrigued now and want to start reading up on it!!!
It's called 'what horses say, how to hear, help and heal them' it's really good. :D

Back