• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Baby Rabbits

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
aawww im glad mum and one baby are doing ok. If the baby's tummy is full and it is warm and wriggly then im sure all is fine. Keep up updated as to how the little one does

Hi, I posted last month to say I had had an accident with my bunnies and my rabbit may be pregnant, well as I said she was and has now had her litter, unforutnatley 3 were still born :( but last out was my little baby miracle. :D Every morning mummy lets me check him in return for something tasty like a small piece of brocoli or carrot, he always feels really warm and has a big tummy so he must be feeding well. Mummy is doing well too throughout the whole pregnancy she has stayed herself, she is very loving and very tame and still comes up for a fuss, she is a fantsatic mummy and will even feed in the day while there is lot's going on in the house. I feel so responsible for this little miracle and just want some re-assurance, I have a picture of him and wondered if anyone with experience in breeding would be so kind as to have a look and check that he looks ok? He is four days old now and this has been more traumatic than having my own baby I have felt every emotion this week but I am thankful to God that Mummy and atleast one of the babies has come out seemingly well.

Back