• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greens Go Off Quickly!

We like to give Jessica greens as she really likes them and we feel the greener the veg the better it is.

But we are finding that they only last 24-48 hours before starting to turn yellow. Sometimes we throw most of it away.

How do you all store veg?

P5200007.jpg

some people put them in the fridge, but I find they start to go funny this way too :? in this hot weather non of the veggies are lasting very long :?

I store mine in the shed during the winter as its often colder out there, during the summer I have to buy and use on the day

Our fridge must be really cold then as veg lasts for ages! The only thing that doesn't last that long is parsley.. but Ive even had that in there a few days now!

I know it's a little off topic, but I just wondered how much the beautiful jessica weighs? she is gorgeous :D I have a frenchie too, I think he's just under 5kg, I was told he was the runt and no one wanted him :cry: but he's beautiful too.

GiantJessica said:
Jessica weighs 8Kg, and still growing :shock:

Have you got a picture of your beautiful boy?

WOW!!! 8kg :shock: :shock: :shock: how old is she?? storm is only around 5kg and 9 months
here is my little frenchie :D ( pictures taken a few weeks ago, I need to get some up to date ones!)

stormbasket.jpg

012_9A.jpg

723db5b2.jpg

loopylop said:
Our fridge must be really cold then as veg lasts for ages! The only thing that doesn't last that long is parsley.. but Ive even had that in there a few days now!
Same here :)

I store all the veg in a lunch box in my fridge, seems to last slighlty longer than just storing in the fridge loose, it still goes of really quick though! We will all just have to get more bunnies so we can feed them more veg, cut down on the wastage :lol: well thats what i told hubby :wink:

Back