• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

old boy needing a home

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya! I'm sorry to go on about him, but I just feel for this bunny having to find a home at 5 years old. If I lived round the corner I may have taken him myself look at him, he's so lovely

oldboyneedingahome.jpg

http://household.uk.freeads.net/Cuddley_mini_lop_rabbit,_sooty-268740.htm

yes, it's heart breaking he's still there :cry: most people don't want an older bun unless they are someone specail.
Eve, are you going to take him?

I tried nagging my mum for two weeks to elt me have him even though I knew we would get kicked out if anyone found out. I love the bun I wish I could take him he looks like such a sweety and deserves a nice home with someone who will give him loads of cuddles. I hope someone will take him :(

Squishy said:
I tried nagging my mum for two weeks to elt me have him even though I knew we would get kicked out if anyone found out. I love the bun I wish I could take him he looks like such a sweety and deserves a nice home with someone who will give him loads of cuddles. I hope someone will take him :(

I can remember you going on about a bunny you wanted and the long thread of " will she or won't she get the bun?" I didn't realize it was him :( I'm in love with him too, which is why I posted his piccie in hope that someone would be won over by him, just as we are.

I thought someone would have snatched him up by now cause hes so cute, but I supposed some people would be put off by his age :?

sparklefairy said:
yes, it's heart breaking he's still there :cry: most people don't want an older bun unless they are someone specail.

i meant have a 5 yr rescue do waiting as well, so she could be used to pair up!

sparklefairy said:

i meant have a 5 yr rescue do waiting as well, so she could be used to pair up!

I've just telephoned this woman because I would have taken him but she is a breeder and the reason she is getting rid of him is because he is infertile!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: is this what goes on???, I'm new to all of this

OMG someone's got to get him out of there!!! :shock: :shock: :( he is FREE so no one will be funding this breeder, he will be rescued by anyone taking him home.

I'm really upset, my husband was going to drive there tomorrow, but I take it that on Rabiit Rescue we don't get rabbits from breeders???? am I right, or can someone tell me the cose to work to, I'm new :shock:

Some people don't believe in taking bunnies of breeders on here, but I would have taken him if I could have

is he free? either way this bunny needs rescuing. people can jump on me if they like, but I would take him too. Snowy if I was you I would just go for it! :D others from here have had breeders bunnies, I got Storm from a breeder who was going to ring his neck for being " the runt," and " taking up space," :(

OMG, I really can't cope with this that poor rabbit :cry: :cry: , he is adorable and he's old, the breeder just told me that he will only live another year or two and might make someone a nice pet for a short time!!, my husband has just seen how far it is and it's nearly 400 miles,

Someone tell me pleeease, can we get rabbits from breeders or not

most Rescues on here will not take breeders cast offs as it then leaves a hutch free to be filled...but if a bun may be at risk then most of us on here will take them...BUT we are against paying any money for a breeders bun for obvious reasons and most members on here understand rescues views on this.
It may be this bun is "disposed of" if not taken on so if someone picks him up I'm sure a rescue would take him...I have just had 2 buns due in cancelled so if he can be got to me I will take him in.....as pointed out before ..if anyone asking a rescue to take a free ad bun can do any fundraising ,,however small to help with the costs it is always appreciated by whichever rescue they go to...

also, he might be around a lot longer than 1 year :D my old Bilbo was over 9 years old and I've heard for bunnies reaching 10 or more :D

Back