• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freeads bunny

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
A couple of the people I've got buns from have wanted to keep in touch, so if they are off to a Rescue, i'd tell them. The guy I collected Jake/Harvey & Lucky from (for Jill), sometimes emails to ask how they are! I've directed him on to here, but don't think he's made it yet!!

But I picked up 2 buns on Sat, & got an email about them this morning.

That's what I thought, thanks :) I've just replied asking if he comes with a cage or if I need to sort something out... fingers crossed :?

good luck with him :) he sounds lovely! I really wish I could take him and a few others, but I have no room :( I'm so glad that this little guy might be getting a loving home :D

Looks like he's coming to me (albeit temporarily) :D Just trying to sort out when we can meet up :roll:

Just had this back:

Thursday evening would be OK with me. He's an outside bunny and his cage is a two storey chalet type so it should fit on the back seat of a car easily enough or in the boot of a 4x4. His name is Mickey by the way and he likes lots of fuss and attention.

So do you guys think the cage will fit in my Clio with the back seats flat? :? Bonus that he comes with a hutch - I can keep it here in case of future fostering emergencies :p

He sounds so lovely- can't wait to see a pic- what a bonus re the hutch- they sure can be expensive- wonder why they are getting rid of him as he sounds like he was well cared for- good luck with the pick up.

Well done Kel, sounds like you're doing a great job! Wish I was allowed to foster buns :? But well done you :D
Nicola x

I would personally tell the owners what you are planning to do with the Rabbit whether that is going to a rescue or staying with you.

I don’t know what the legal stance on this would be but I imagine the owners could kick up a right stink if they wanted to if they thought they had been lied to about where there Rabbit was going.

In situations such as this I think honesty is always the best policy.

Louise

I agree with Louise, I would not lie about the situation, some free ad buns are genuine and the owners really do want them to go to a good home, its just that they probably do not realise there are rescues out there or are stuck on a waiting list.

If you are honest then you will get one of two responses

a. a yes as they just want to get rid of the rabbit or
b. no as they would prefer to find their own home which shows you that the person really does care where the rabbit is going

Denny said:
I agree with Louise, I would not lie about the situation, some free ad buns are genuine and the owners really do want them to go to a good home, its just that they probably do not realise there are rescues out there or are stuck on a waiting list.

If you are honest then you will get one of two responses

a. a yes as they just want to get rid of the rabbit or
b. no as they would prefer to find their own home which shows you that the person really does care where the rabbit is going

or c a no because they think they are onligded to give you a donation and would rsther sling the rabbit over the fence, had that a while ago with ebay bunnies :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know what you mean about honesty :) However, she seemed very keen for me to take him (wanted me to take him yesterday but I couldn't), but I might tell her that he'll be going to live with a very bunny-experienced friend shortly :? That's not really fibbing, is it? :oops:

I wouldn't say anything either.

After all he'll end up going to a good home. I just wouldn't rock the boat.

I'd take his/her details - you could always ask the lucky new owner to email or send some pics to them, this will at least put their minds at rest that Mickey is being well cared for.

Carol xxx

Back