• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

QUICK ADVICE FOR THREE LEGGED RABBIT-he is gorgeous!

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Bry's Buns went to a bird centre to get a bird and there is a three legged mini lop being kep in terrible conditions, she wants to take it as he said they will get it put down.

He/she is caked in poo and she is there now talking to the manager who said it will no doubt be put down.

Her husband wsill kill her for getting another bun but she cannot leave this poor thing. We need to know that she can take it and the can be rehomed or taken to the rescue soon.

My question is,,,,will a rescue take it in do you think????

I know she will end up keeping it but her husband is adamant of no more bunnies...???

If transport can be arranged I can take him/her.

We are going to be at Trowell Service Area - Travelodge (Nottingham Trowell) M1 on the 10th June so could meet up with someone there?

There is a transport run coming from Surrey to Trowell services on the 10th June so he/she may be able to get a ride up?

Not sure how far away you are from Surrey?

Louise

Aww poor little bun :cry: If it's a choice of take him/her or s/he gets PTS but her husband says s/he must move on straight away, he is welcome to come here and I'll look after him, and we'll worry about the long term once he's safe :)

She is taking the bun!!! she is driving home.

She will get it vet checked and vaccinated and then will have to rehome it but at least it is saved!!!!!!

Was being kep in with the birds :shock:

Thanks Louise in and Alison - have a sneaky feeling she will end up keeping it!

went round to see the little boy/girl three legged bun, its tiny and quite skinny. It was being fer guinea pig food!

Its so tame and a bit lop-sided due to not having a front left leg.

He was flopped out in the cage, and munching on hay which is great as they only had a bit of straw!

will be taking to see Christabel this week hopefully.

**Bonnie** said:
went round to see the little boy/girl three legged bun, its tiny and quite skinny. It was being fer guinea pig food!

Its so tame and a bit lop-sided due to not having a front left leg.

He was flopped out in the cage, and munching on hay which is great as they only had a bit of straw!

will be taking to see Christabel this week hopefully.

....and now rescued Bun will get to meet an A1 Bunny Vet!!
:D :D

Janex

....and now rescued Bun will get to meet an A1 Bunny Vet!!

Yep - honesly he/she is stunning!!!

he/she flopped out with Bryony on the bed last night, was sooo relaxed. must feel very happy its gone to such a great home![/quote]

I think a three legged bun who is missing a front leg functions ok as they bear their weight on their back legs.[/i]

I think a three legged bun who is missing a front leg functions ok as they bear their weight on their back legs.[/i]

i think your right, it seems to be coping well, it was born like it too! poor little bunny...[/code]

where is the rabbit based? I know a rescue centre that would take him/her in as they have a sanctuary as well especially for any that don't get rehomed so he would never be wwithout a home.

bryony is definately keeping this bunny - she is in love with it already.

I tried to look if it was a boy or girl but i couldn't really tell?! it has no name yes as we dunno what sex it is!!

Back