• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home checkers tip

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I notice quite a few peole are doing home checks now, just wated to say when you ring the person you're going to check put 141 before you dial the number. That way if the person isn't suitable and they don't have the bun you don't get them ringing you up with a load of abuse :wink:

Never thought of that :eek:

Although I'm not a professional or ever done a house check. We usually get the same lady to come round from the RSPCA and she's very willing to hand out her no. :shock:

Really omg, I am a RSPCA home checker too when I did my training they were the ones that told me to do that.

Also if you're a volunteer doing it on behalf of someone else, I would make sure you tell them that you are simply reporting facts back to the rescue and they make the decisions not you - that way it doesn't leave you vulnerable to feeling as if you have to say to someone "sorry but no".

Back