• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting Holly spayed

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all,

sorry i haven't been on much to reply to those with poorly buns, have been so busy.

Anyway, Holly is booked in to be spayed on Wednesday and i am SOOO worried i may even cancel, i literally am feeling sick at the thought of her having to go through that and then the worry when she doesn't eat, etc.

I also have alot of other stress at the moment but as i have time off work i thought it was the perfect opportunity but now im really not so sure :cry:

Awwwww Bonnie I am not gonna say 'dont worry' as I am the biggest stress-bucket on the planet when any of my Buns have to have an op'.
But Holly will be in EXCELLENT hands. Christabel could spay a bun in her sleep!! Yes we all know that any op' has risks. But the risk of Holly getting uterine cancer are so much GREATER.
Christabel will give you lots of support and will willingly answer any questions you have. Not sure if Donna will be working on Wednesday but whoever is there will look after Holly as she comes round.
Lots of positive vibes heading Holly's way.
Janex

Thanks Jane.

If I didn't have Christabel spaying her i wouldn't get her done at all. I just know i will be crying my eyes out when i drop her off with Alfie.

Donna won't be there unfortunately - might be a good thing though as when you see someone you know it just makes you wanna bawl your eyes out.

I feel so bad for her because she has got soooo tame and follows me everywhere and i really don't want to loose that bond with her.

gosh..im getting a lump in my throat just thinking about Wednesday. Fortunately i will be decorating which i hope will take my mind off it!

Hi Bonnie
I understand completely, i was exactly the same, i was soooo scared! So im not going to say dont worry either. Pepsi recovered really quick, she suprised me im sure Holly will be fine. There are alot more +'s to spayin than there are neg's (but i know you know that, and im sure that doesnt help) Let us know what ever you decide to do, Hope everything is ok else where to
xx

I dont know an awful lot about speying to be honest, but if its the GA your worrying about, i really would try not to - Charlie got through it with lungs that didnt even work and a respitary infection!! Good luck to Holly xx

I worried my self sick when Storm went in to be neautered, and cried when I dropped him off :oops: spaying is a bigger op than a neauter, but most buns are absolutley fine :D Gypsy was fine when she came home after a spay, a little sore but ok. She recovered well and it calmed her crazy behaviour and nest building. Some vets keep them in over night, Gypsy was kept in and I cried all night :oops: they really like to worry us! sending good luck to Holly xxx I'm sure she will be OK :D

Hi Bonnie
As Jane says, Christabel can spay a rabbit in her sleep! I'm often reading on here about bunnies having problems after op's but I can honestly say it simply doesn't happen when Christabel does a spay. Make sure you bring Alfie so he's there when she comes round - I'm sure this is a major factor in a bunnies recovery.
I won't be there (as you know) but I'll be thinking of her (and you!) Try not to worry, darling. x

Like you- I was so worried when Harvey went to get done- and cancelled the first time- but after getting a second bun- tried again- it didnt work for him and it was huge worry- but he is back to himself now and the bond with me has become stronger after all the hours spent helping him recover- I know there are risks involved but the vets don't take any unecessary ones- I won't say don't worry- as you are going to- but we will all be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way! Take care :)

Like you- I was so worried when Harvey went to get done- and cancelled the first time- but after getting a second bun- tried again- it didnt work for him and it was huge worry- but he is back to himself now and the bond with me has become stronger after all the hours spent helping him recover- I know there are risks involved but the vets don't take any unecessary ones- I won't say don't worry- as you are going to- but we will all be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way! Take care :)

Thanks Donna and Liz - The reassurance has reall helped, esp what you said Donna about Christabel, so thanks for that (wish you were there though :( )

Back