• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little bit worried about Tilly

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
:( . Well, Where do i start? A few days ago, she started having excess caecatrophs (sp?!), which i wasnt too worried about, as Jane told me what to do etc, Then she started with mushy yukky poo, again, Jane told me what it was and how i could help it. So that cleared up quite well, but we have extra caecatrophs again now. Last night, she tried to jump from her empty litter tray (i was cleaning out) which was on the floor, up to her hutch, when she jumped the tray moved, she fell and ended up on her back :( , I fussed over her and she sat there for a minute, then got up a hopped up, then was ok again, so im sure she wasnt hurt (pride maybe bruised a little :wink:). Anyway, Last night, she got in such an awful mood, throwing things at us, and just wouldnt reason with anyone, worse mood shes ever been in, but i dont think it was pain (the fall), so yeh, she was in this mood, then just took herself to bed and stayed there. Then today, put her in the run, she was normal, then did this mad run round a couple of times, and has been sat all hunched up ever since. Im a bit worried, i dont know if these things are related but can anyone help? :( xx

What are her poops like now Becki? Is she eating her normal amount?
Its hard to make any constructive suggestions really :?
Maybe she did bruise herself when she fell but did not really feel it til she had a mad charge about the run. Then she thought 'Ouch, my back hurts. Think I'll stay still cos it only hurts when I move about :?
I am just guessing here Becki. But if she is eating and pooping normally I'd just keep an eye on her. Particularly how she manages re cleaning herself. If she has a bruised back she might not bother.
Janex

maybe she did hurt herself a little bit!?

Although when Holly was a nightmare to be picked up she jumped from my shoulder on to the patio. I suppose it depends on the angle that they fall??

Maybe see how she is tomorrow and then a trip to the vets maybe??

Holly had some excess C poos, but i cut out carrots and cut down on pellets and she seems much better.

Thanks for replying. The mad thing around the run wasnt just a playful sorta thing, it was like she was terrified, sort of trying to escape? But we were all out in the garden (inc. Venny) and none of us saw/heard anything. Lot more of her poops look normal now, still some excess caecatrophs and a few with hair in them. Shes having nothing but hay and the bare minimum of pellets though. She seems to be cleaning ok, as well as eating normally. Maybe i'm worrying over nothing, and i dont really want to go to the vets if possible, seeing as there is nothing 'wrong' as such, they just 'um' and 'arr', Try some baytril (for a change?!) and you generally feel like someone not right! :roll: xx

awww! I hope Tilly is OK, it's horrid when you know something isn't right but can't quite put your finger on why :? these bunnies of ours like to make us panic :? come on Tilly-May :no: stop worrying your mummy!

oh i'm so glad tilly is feeling a bit more herself today, its horrible when their a bit under the weather

Thats Great news Becki,
Maybe she was just sulking over something, like when i get bramble out then let millie come out for a run she sulks because i let bramble out first..

Back