• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BANGING MY HEAD....

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
against a really hard wall :cry: :cry: :cry: well thats what i feel like i am doing anyway!

had a call day before yesterday, same old situation, lady bought two bunnys from a local pet shop and low and behold some time later (well two days ago actually) they female gives birth :cry: :cry: , lady calls me because she wants to know what to do with them.

so yesterday she calls again and says they are just lying in the hucth and she doesnt think they are moving, can i come and have a look :shock: , so i gets my kickers on and a map out and drives out there, yes four hairless kits thrown all over the cage, the ladies touched them without disiscssing her smell... the mother bun is so young and thin :cry: :cry: they have given the buck to the next door neighbour (after i told her to remove him yeserday)

but after all that and getting me round there you just know she is goona go get the buck back even though i told her the best thng would be to go get the bunny speyed NOW!

but this situ is so typical its scary how these poor bunnies are being used and treated :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

A rabbit's still seen as an easy pet. If people KNEW that they were as hard to look after as horses & dogs, they wouldn't get them on a whim. I overheard someone in P@H the other day (customer, not staff), saying that they would get a rabbit not a guinea pig, cos bunnies don't live as long - only 2-3 years :shock:

Angie65 said:
A rabbit's still seen as an easy pet. If people KNEW that they were as hard to look after as horses & dogs, they wouldn't get them on a whim. I overheard someone in P@H the other day (customer, not staff), saying that they would get a rabbit not a guinea pig, cos bunnies don't live as long - only 2-3 years :shock:

oh angie i know :cry: :cry: makes me sad for all those rabbits that owners dont know about rescues and just leave them sitting in a hucth hungry and miserable :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

saying that they would get a rabbit not a guinea pig, cos bunnies don't live as long - only 2-3 years

If I was getting a pet, ANY pet, I would find out at least the basic facts first...2-3 years ??? I think she would be better going to a toy shop and getting a stuffed toy bunny - that would probably take about the amount of looking after she sounds like she wants to do!!!

I was discussing this with Tracy (RGNW) yesterday..as had a dreadful day on Weds..went to 3 different places to pick up animals..all bad in different ways...2 of the places the animals really suffering...very upsetting..
and the 4 babies I collected yesterday (the inn crowd)....2 if them can't sex yet as have been bitten on genitals by buck which killed 3 previous litters...and attacked and killed 2 of this litter before being removed on my advice :( :( Why was there any need for someone else to point out he needed removing? :evil:

jay said:
saying that they would get a rabbit not a guinea pig, cos bunnies don't live as long - only 2-3 years

If I was getting a pet, ANY pet, I would find out at least the basic facts first...2-3 years ??? I think she would be better going to a toy shop and getting a stuffed toy bunny - that would probably take about the amount of looking after she sounds like she wants to do!!!

thats the trouble they dont and even when they have bought the pet , they dont look into it anymore than what the pet shop said which is normally rubbish, you should have seen the face on this lady when i said 80% of the rabbits diet is hay :shock: :shock: she then said the pet shop said 15% :cry: :cry: :cry: and didnt even listen to that as there was nothing in the hucth apart from straw! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Its so sad. I was in my local pet shop recently and the owner was trying to sell up rabbits to a lady who came in wanting a pet - of some sort! She was trying to decide between a rabbit or a bird :? And he was telling her how easy rabbits are to keep :x There should at least be a cooling off period when you go to buy animals so that you can't impulse buy.

It's so sad when rabbits are treated like that...
Although my mum thought they only live 2-3 years .... I already knew they could live longer than a dog but I didnt tell her that! :lol:

Back