• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay rack

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
Is there a good hay rack that anyone knows of? The one I have - when they pull at the hay it all just comes out and ends up on the floor. Is there one that is more enclosed to hold the hay better?

I use hanging baskets.
You can just see one in the corner of this picture. It's high up, as they like to sit on top of the hutch and can reach it easily from there
DSCN1069.jpg

I use the 'half-moon' (sorry, always makes me think of jaffa cakes :D :lol: ) ones to attach to the side. Just bnext to Pepper's head
DSCN0848.jpg
:D

There's someone on here that uses half a supermarket wire basket fixed to the hutch wall - works really well too.

Some good ideas thankyou. I did buy a fat ball bird feeder wire hanging thing today which works well hung from the top of the run.

The basket measures approximately 9.5 x 3.5 x 5 inches with an 8 inch high back (24.1 x 8.9 x 12.7 cm with a 20.3 cm high back).

Bunnybasics said:
The basket measures approximately 9.5 x 3.5 x 5 inches with an 8 inch high back (24.1 x 8.9 x 12.7 cm with a 20.3 cm high back).

Thank you think I'll get one! :)

Wonder if it'll weigh more than a kg? £3.99 postage seems alot to me!

I have a black metal hay rack which we don't use any more, it's in good condition, would be happy to let you have it Spacegirl, if you don't mind covering the postage?

PM me if you're interested, can get you a pic.

Doh!

I've just gone to the hay experts website to order the willow hay rack (and a few other bits) and it is out of stock!

Bet they wonder why they have had an influx of orders!!!

Hx

Hells said:
Doh!

I've just gone to the hay experts website to order the willow hay rack (and a few other bits) and it is out of stock!

Bet they wonder why they have had an influx of orders!!!

Hx

It was out of stock when I first wanted it - but was back in stock within a couple of days so keep your eyes peeled to their site :D

I have given up with hayracks inside the crate..using the ferplast trio litter pan i just put a huge wad of hay in it and it doesnt get everywhere as Bif is one messy lady!

I have the wooden one from bunny bascis and it was a disaster in the crate BUT perfect out of it..its in their buny corner of the lounge and it gets filled with timothyhay and they can make a mess there and in the morning the hoover catches the fall out of grass!!

Like the willow one..my old doe would have loved it..

Back