• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What bedding do you use?

Treacle44

Warren Scout
Need to make a list of what we need to get and just wondered what you use bedding?

I used to use newspapers as liners, wood chippings (sawdust) and hay.

Does anyone use the trays in their outside hutches? If so where do you get them from?

Thanks

T
x

I lay down a layer of newspaper, then cover it in plenty of hay. Then when I'm cleaning them out I just pull of the excess hay and put it into a bin bag, then roll up the newspaper and pull that away with the rest of the bedding. It only takes about 5 minutes to clean out which is good. :D I don't use trays for the bedding but if you can get ones to fit they would be useful. You could probably use those garden trays that you plant seeds in. I do use a litter tray in their toilet area though, you can get these at most pet shops. :D

Litter trays came from Wilkinsons something like 69p

And Hay in the rest of the house, thats how I do all 9 hutches

litter trays are a good idea, i dont have one at the mo but will get one because there easier to keep clean, i clean my bun out every day and she has lots of hay and newspaper and her wee still soaks through, its hard to keep the wood dry :?

pepsi said:
i clean my bun out every day and she has lots of hay and newspaper and her wee still soaks through, its hard to keep the wood dry :?

You could line the hutch with lino, it stops the wee soaking through to the wood and makes it much easier to clean!

Fairy Angel said:
pepsi said:
i clean my bun out every day and she has lots of hay and newspaper and her wee still soaks through, its hard to keep the wood dry :?

You could line the hutch with lino, it stops the wee soaking through to the wood and makes it much easier to clean!
Thanks, thats a good idea, i have got a new hutch now.........sorry so exctied about that :lol: :lol: posted on bunny chat :oops: :lol: So i think i will do that with this hutch, especially now im going to have to bun's to wee wee :lol: Thanks

Treacle44 said:
Does anyone use the trays in their outside hutches? If so where do you get them from?

Thanks

T
x
I use a large cat litter tray inside the hutch , his hutch is outdoor and over 6ft 6 long so plenty of room .I use newspaper sawdust also hay still.
I line the litter tray with newspaper and put sawdust in it.He uses his litter tray but still uses the corner of his hutch also.

I use 2 cat litter trays in the run part of the hutch, filled with Megazorb, and newspaper, Megazorb, straw and hay in the hutch.

Thanks peeps, litter trays are the way to go then it seems.

Think I'll get a cat one for the sleep area so they can snuggle down and a corner one for the downstairs part of the run as a litter tray.

T
x

I've got lino all over the bottom of hutch, then vet bed in the main bit, and newspaper and hay in the other bit, She has 2 litter trays in the main part, one she wee's in, the other she sits in - fill them both with hay too. xX

I use newspaper then hay and they have a litter tray with paper based cat litter in it.then i can empty the litter tray daily.

Back