• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

made my mind up!!!

karina

Young Bun
hey all just to let u all know ,ive shopped around and truffles will be getting done next month after ive gave birth.i foned today and spoke to my vet talked through my worries after losing my last bunny. its gonna cost£65 pound for her.am so worried i hope am doing the rite thing.couldnt bare to lose her thats my worrie.bt on the plus side SHE CAN HAVE A FRIEND REHOME ONE FROM A CENTRE THAT HAS GIANTS!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Glad your Vet was able to reassure you.
Your Bun will be well chuffed to have a friend come live with her
:D :D

Janex

thanks she is nearky 20 weeks old so gonna wait till next month is 20 weeks a good age??? or should i wait??? :oops:

Your vet should be able to advise you of the correct age.
I've had two girls spayed and they were both fine afterwards. and, like you say, she can have a friend :D

Don't worry, I know spaying can be worrying but alot of rabbits come though it safely, I had my two girls spayed and they didn't have any trouble. I bet truffles will be excited about getting a new friend. :D

I had Poppy my British Giant spayed in January and she recovered really quick, don't worry she will be fine.

Ditto everyone else, she will be fine and the end result when you see her snuggled with a boy is so fantastic, it's the cutest thing ever.

Back