• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dougal getting de-plumed ......

nicole

Mama Doe
on Monday.

Can you guys double check my list of things I need.

1-vetbedx2
2-cat carrier
3-bio-lapin
4-towels lot of
Can you think of anything else I need.

nicole said:
on Monday.

Can you guys double check my list of things I need.

1-vetbedx2
2-cat carrier
3-bio-lapin
4-towels lot of
Can you think of anything else I need.

PMSL I was thinkiing why do you need two cat carriers etc :lol: You'll need to take some of his food with you to the vets, so they can try and get him to eat afterwards.

Hay rack - so that the hay's not all over the floor and sticking in his wound?? Water bowl - buns often find it easier to drink from a bowl, post-anaesthetic.

Have you got somewhere to keep him indoors the night after the op? He needs to stay warm as the anaesthetic lowers his blood pressure and he could get cold outdoors.

Dougal is indoors just now anyway, till my shed gets deliverd.

I try not to give him too much food as this affects how much grass he eats. He absolutly refuses to eat hay!!!. But will be taking some food too.

I read on here that rabbits prefer a bowl to a bottle so he's got 1 of each.

Can't think of anything else that he will need.

Two days before my chaps went in I started giving them homeopathic Arnica, Avipro pro-biotic and Echinacea tincture all in their water. I’m also giving this to them a week after there op’s.

Arnica to ease brushing/wounds and to help healing

Pro-biotics to make sure the gut stays healthy after the anaesthetic.

Echinacea is a natural antibiotic and helps keep any infection at bay.

Sending lots of positive vibes for the op.

Louise

I have just realised that I will be at work on tuesday!!!
What will I do with Dougal???

I usualy take him to work with me, god I'm worried now.

He'll be ok on his own, he'll need some quiet time after is GA anyway. I've got to be honest I've never had a problem having bucks neutered they seem to be back to their normal selfs in the evening, it's doe's that get knocked about the worse.

Back