• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Collecting New Hutch tonight PIC'S ADDED HELP NEEDED....

pepsi

Alpha Buck
Hubby's going to get my new hutch tonight, my father in law told me about it saturday he said he has got his friend who a carpenter to build it, he said he told him it must be big enough for 2 buns. I didnt know anything about it, what a lovely suprise...................I cant wait till tonight!
Hello :D i collected the hutch yesterday, it is fantastic, just one slight problem, it is on legs i didnt measure but it prob stands 4ft high (mayb higher) we would like to some how attach it to the run, the original plan was to put the hutch in the run, like it is now but this hutch is so huge even if we cut the legs of it would take up the whole run!
So some how i need to attach it, so it is safe, so i can shut them away at night, so i can get to the doors of the hutch to clean it out..........i have included some pics please help, any ideas :? . If any one has pics of how they have attached their hutches to there runs i would love to see them :D
This is the hutch and our run:
hutch2.jpg

hutch1.jpg

run.jpg

oh my god i got the hutch, or should i say palace........................Piccies on way in 5 :D

Hi Bonnie :wave:

Its both pic's at the top, then the pic of the run underneath is what i want to attach it to, somehow :? Im not at home but roughly guessing with a tape measure i think it about, 4ft 6high, 4ft wide, 5ft6+ long maybe even 6ft. The height of the actual hutch inside is probably 2ft 6 tall enough so they can stand up. :D
Im so pleased with it, i just have no idea how to attach it, i was thinking about a ramp but dont know how i can make it secure or where to make a hole in the hutch with out ruining it to much :? I dont know :?

Hi Pepsi

Gosh...that is a big hutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bet you are pleased as i know you've been looking fro something for ages

To attach it i would take the legs off the hutch so it is ground level???

Or get the same guy to make a ramp for it???

i thought about making a ramp, because it can go the whole length of the run so it wouldnt be to steep, i just cant figure out how i would attach the ramp to the hutch to make it secure so they can go in and out when im not there.
I dont know. :?

if you put brackets at the base of thw wire door rather than the side, that could be left open for them to use as a ramp jumping in and out

well we was thinking last night, the best way we can think of is to have the front of the hutch facing out wards, so i can clean them out easy, make a whole in the back of the hutch, then fit a cat flap(so i can shut them away at night), make a small wooden frame around the cat flap, then another frame the same on to the run and attached them together, then make a huge ramp (so not to steep) that runs from the hutch to the run, sounds pretty easy doesnt it :? :lol:
Thanks
xxx

Back