• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm at a loss

animus

Mama Doe
I really don't know what to do about Crunchie and Jake, after Jake bit her, I did as you all suggested and cleaned her up everyday with salty water but took her to the vet anyway, just in case, they said to seperate them for a few days because it would irritate her wound if Jake humped her again.

So they've been seperated since, but now, Crunchie's wound is mostly healed and I know it's time to start bonding them again but I'm totally panicing about doing it, I couldn't bear to watch them get hurt.

To make things worse, I'm having one of those days where I miss Merlin, I keep looking at his pictures and crying, wishing he could come back and tell Crunchie that it'll be ok and that Jake wants to be her friend.

Everyone is telling me to give up, my sister says that when they draw blood it's like saying 'I hate you' but I don't think they've had enough time together.
To be honest, it's just the humping that Crunchie doesn't like so she fights back, I'm hoping that when Jake settles down, he won't do it as much and they can be friends.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

How long is it since his neuter? Maybe his hormones need to settle a bit longer? & buns are randier in spring too?

Then i'd put them in next door cages for a few weeks. Then completely neutral territory with plenty of distractions.

I hate bonding when you're scared the buns may do damage. Chocolate was a nightmare to bond. She was fine with Smirnoff for weeks, then tured on him :?

Oh no, sorry you're feeling down.

Perhaps you could start from scratch with Crunchie and Jake again? eg- next to each other in hutches/runs for a couple of weeks before an introduction? Maybe just take it really slowly?

Fingers crossed for you x

Thanks guys. :)

Beck, there isn't a rescue near me, I live in the middle of nowhere!
I think Jill is the closest but I wouldn't wish this duo on anyone :lol:

Super Jill to the rescue :D :D :D

Jill you are a star, thanks so much for bringing Smokie to me :thumb:
Where would the bunnies of the East Midlands be without you :wink:

BTW Katie, big hugs to you, hope things work out for Jake and Crunchie

honeybunny said:
Katie...if you can wait til end of next week..then bring them to me and I'll bond them for you :D

Wow Jill, thank you :D
I think my problem is I'm just too scared now, poor little buns must be terrified too :(
That is extremely kind Jill, I think I'll have to take you up on that offer :D

Back