• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my SUNNY boy!

LurcherGirl

Mama Doe
Sunny is 6 today!

Sunny_1104.jpg

He is the last pet shop bunny that we ever bought, all the others after him were and are rescue bunnies or (as in Lancer's case) a private rehoming.

This is the baby we saw in the pet shop and that my husband fell in love with after he insisted for over a year that we were not having any more bunnies (we had two then: Benji and Pippa).

Sunny082000.jpg

Cornel_and_Sunny_082000.jpg

But Sunny won him over, so he and his friend Toby came home to us at about 7 weeks old.

A week later, Sunny fell very ill with GI stasis and was at death's door for about a week! But the little extremely strong willed bunny he was (and still is), pulled through.

Sunny_112000.jpg

At about 1 year old, he started having cystitis and calcium sludge in his bladder was diagnosed. He was put on a low calcium diet, which took care of the sludge, but the bouts of cystitis became more and more frequent. Despite all the pain he must have been in, he never stopped eating and was never grumpy (well, never more than usual :lol: ) about it. Eventually, my vet suggested to give him a vitamin C supplement, which cleared the problem up completely to the present day.

Two years ago, Sunny's face went strange and one side was like fallen in. He was eventually diagnosed with a damaged facial nerve (after a fight with Apollo). He was put on eye drops to keep his eye on the paralysed side moist. Luckily, his eating capabilities or anything else on that side of the face is not affected, so he is totally normal in that respect.

Since then, my Sunny boy has been fine! He is the most wonderful bunny, absolutely loves people (see picture above with my husband) - and hates all animals with a passion, including other rabbits! He is ok with them through cage bars, but launches himself at anything that moves on four legs... although he has mellowed a bit now with age!

This is what my special boy looks like now (note the lop sided face):

Sunny1_1104.jpg

what an interesting story of his life- and what a handsome bun- hope he has a great day :bunny:

Back