• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Licking Bunny

GiantJessica

Warren Scout
We have only had Jessica about 10 weeks. She was quite a nervous bunny when she came but has made her self at home now.

However, in the last couple of weeks she has taken to madly licking us when ever we cuddle and stroke her.

Is she just being affectionate or are we being used as salt licks? Anyone have any idea?

tunnel.jpg

Aw she's a sweetie!

I've just spotted that you must be fairly close to me, I live west side of Eastleigh!!

Bella licks when being cuddled, I think it's a "thank you for loving me and I love you too" deal.
She also gives me the odd, lick when she's pottering around me, she obviously thinks I need the reassurance. :lol:

Where did you get that cool tube she's in? I'm after one for my giants.
Yeah, she loves you! I'm jealous, the only bun I have that licks seems to be tasting me before bitting! Evil giant doe!

raven_guest said:
Yeah, she loves you! I'm jealous, the only bun I have that licks seems to be tasting me before bitting! Evil giant doe!

Think she said on another thread, 12.00 from Argos if i remember rightly? :) Xx

Awwww that's so ace she lovesd you. It took me three years to get a bunny lick from Beatrix.

raven_guest said:

My bunnies only lick me if I've just dipped my finger in apple juice or am covered in fruit!!!! Poppy did lick me once and I was sooooooo excited, came on here to tell everyone and someone suggested she might have been licking me for salt...I had just come back from the gym, so it kind of burst my bubble :( I'm very jealous that you get licks...my bunnies don't love me!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

vet told me it coz they like the salt in ur skin and its more fun to lick it off u than a salt block/vit block :D

Back