• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can your bunnies climb?

Aliandbuns

Mama Doe
The other day Molly jumped up to the top of the wire mesh run she was in and hung on with all four feet while she nudged the run lid with her nose.

I was really impressed at her athleticism (as she hung on for about 15 seconds) and also relieved the run had a lid. :lol:

Can your bunnies climb mesh like this? :?

I always think they could climb everest if they put their minds to it...
Mine climbs up the top of a built in wardrobe and then wonders how she gets down :s lol

Sorry but :lol: :lol: Bad Molly! :no: :wink: :lol: Millie is the climber out of my two, although she doesn't climb fences she climbs everything else, including brick walls! :shock:

My wild cross climbs. When she was younger, I often used to find her hanging up in the corner (in 2 1/2' dog crate), then jump back down landing perfectly on all four. She also used to get into all sorts of places where none of my other rabbits ever tried. And yes, she actually climbs.

Apparently, wild rabbits generally do.

Vera

When I had my bun in a storage cuby cage he could climb it but He didn't do it very often. I've noticed he does climb other things more when he has longer nails to grip things like lounges.

Polly can run up stuff. She's never where she should be :oops: Cracker was in one of those indoor cages before his neuter (I had unspayed buns about). He used to hang from the bars of the roof like a hamster. Then hump his toilet roll. :?

My old bun promey (r.i.p) used to climb his run and push the lid off. The sad thing is my giants are big enough to just stretch up and do this but haven't realised yet! I have to bungey cord them shut just in case!

Frank climbs, i have to put bricks on the top of his run as he will actually lift the lid and squeese out. luckly i was watching him at the time i found this out and was able to catch him before he escaped into the garden :lol:

Jack does climb but if he's anywhere really high its because he's jumped there! Milly never leaves the ground - not even to do a binky :roll:

Back