• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

speyed bunny expressing milk

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
:shock: :shock: just took one of the rescues coco to the vets for her vac jab and to check her spey scar, the vet was checking her scar and said he could feel a lump :shock: :cry: as he was checking it he gave it a squeeze and milk flew out :shock: :shock: he said it was very unusal in a speyed female, i asked whether she could have been pregnant when speyed, and he sadi there was no note of that on the comuter, anyone had any experince of this? :shock: :shock:

Eve x

Sometimes dogs who are speyed in season still develop a little milk, maybe it was that?
The only other reason I could think of is sometimes if all the ovarian tissue was not removed, ie a little left behind by accident, animals can still present as having seasons/phantom pregnancies. I would have though it was too early post spey to see signs of that though :?

SOAD said:
Am I being thick, but don't they remove all the womb during a spay.

yep :lol: :lol: :lol: whats that gotta do with mil production that doesnt happen in the womb that happens in the breast glands tree?

In humans, milk production is stimulated by a hormone from the pituitary gland, so presumably wibbly-wobbly post spay hormones have made the pituitary gland think she needs to produce milk??

Back