• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

scurfy bunny

colliewoman

Mama Doe
hey guys, just wanted to double check something with you :D
i just had a phonecall from a friend who was talking to someone else with a bunny. she asked if i could give any advice on something. her bunny is all scurfy with big flakes coming off, and the hair begining to fall out.
i had a terrible signal on my mobile so wasnt able to get anymore info than that. i said i thought it would be mites, and that it needed to go to the vets, and that she would probably be given some spot on treatment, or possibly an injection of ivomec.
now i'm sure this lady will take her bun to the vet, but my friend wont be seeing her for a month so i wont be able to get an update for a while.
sooooooo what i want to know is, do you think i was correct, or was i way off the mark :lol: it doesnt really make much difference as the bun will go to the vet anyway, but i was kind of on the spot!

PHEEEEWWWWWW! thanks guys! you have no idea how paranoid i get when someone asks me for advice and i have to reply there and then :lol: :lol:
if i get an update in a month, i will let you know how the bun is :D

Back