• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish my boys luck! U/D Thurs 8.45am

anon101

Banned
Hi Folks,

I've got four boys in for their neuter operations tomorrow. Digger, Louie, Tim and Howard. :shock:

Digger probably wont end up having his done as he's lost some weight and is drinking excessively so needs a good check-up with the vet beforehand. Whatever happens I'm booking him in to see my Rabbit savvy vet as I think he is going to need some blood tests to check for kidney problems.

Howard has an undescended testicle so I'm really worried about him having the bigger op. He's only a tiny Netherland Dwarf. :(

Louie is fine and dandy at the moment. He does have a recurrent eye problem. After his neuter I'm booking him in with my Rabbit savvy vet for a full dental check.

Tim. Well I cant wait for him to be neutered! :lol: He's a spraying machine and has got me everyday since we picked him up about a week ago! :evil:

Well post photos of them this evening when the camera is charged up.

Louise

Gulp! It's been stressful enough today with just Bobby in. Good luck for tomorrow.

They will be fine, boys bounce back very quickly, :D try not to worry :wink: one of mine had an op for an undecended testicle too and he never seemed any the wiser!! lol

Dear Louise, you and all your Boys will be very much in our thoughts tomorrow.
I am sure everything will be fine, but heres wishing them GOOD LUCK, and a speedy recovery.
Please keep us posted on their progress.
Love Adele, David and the Sanctuary bunnies.

Yikes! Four at once thats is stressful. Though at least you'll be getting all the worrying out the way in one go. Best of luck to the boys.

NT to upset u bt my dutch boy bob only had one of his testies down and he pass away during his op coz of the shock n stress on his heart and there was a chance he had heart problems from incorrect breeding. bt hope all go well and are bk to bobbing around :D :D

Good luck to all your boys, all fingers are crossed.
A special big kiss to Digger, hope he will be feeling better soon.
Carol X

Thanks for all your messages folks. :)

The boys are home from the vets and are settled in there cages for the night. Everything went well. :D

We decided to get Digger’s blood glucose checked before he had a GA and thankfully it was fine. :) Out of all the boys he has bounced back the best from his op. Scoffing his head off at the moment! :lol: Had a lengthy chat with the vet about possibly kidney problems. Going to have a good think about having more tests done. The vet mentioned kidney damage is irreversible so it may not be worth putting him through the stress of more tests if there’s nothing they can do for him at the end.

Howard’s undescended testicle was just under the skin so in the end the op was straightforward. I’m really pleased, as I was quite worried about him having abdominal surgery to find it.

Tim is still a wee bit dopey at the moment but has eaten and drunk so I’m sure he will be fine in the morning.

Louie bless him has really been in the wars. :( His neuter went well but while under anaesthetic the vet had a good look in his mouth. His teeth were fairly bad which could be the cause of his eye problem. He ended up having a tear duct flush and a dental to sort his teeth out. Hopefully with the antibiotic eye drops I’ve been given and his teeth sorted his eye problem will sort itself out. I’m to take him back if we are still getting a gunky eye after the course of eye drops for another tear duct flush.

I couldn’t fault the vets or the care my boys received today and at a cost of just over £120.00 for the whole lot I think that’s excellent for the service we received. :D :D

Louise

Back