• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing rabbit!

Lind80

Mama Doe
Has anyone got any ideas on how to stop my british giant baby chewing his hutch! :roll: He is only 10 weeks old and has already eaten away alot of his hutch door :evil: He has lots of toys and treats in his hutch and comes out of his hutch every day although he puts himself back in his hutch quite quickly because he doesn't like being out! He is only happy if he is in his hutch or sat on my lap!

Am I encouraging him to chew his hutch door by hanging wooden toys on the front of his bars for him to play with!

Is there any sprays that will deter him from destroying his hutch, like you get for dogs to stop them chewing furniture etc?

If not does anyone want an adorable destructive british giant! :lol: :lol:

apparently bitter apple spray works. Also try putting food in hard to get places - I stuff hay in vine balls so the bunnies fine it time consuming to eat it. And treat balls where they roll the ball and food drops out - keeps them occupied for ages!

I bought some deterrent spray a while back. Works :D Got it from P@H though, so depends how you feel about that. I use it if they pee in wrong place, they don't go back to it then & for the wooden partitions in the bunny room. Sometimes I re-treat, but they are mostly out of the habit now.

Or Perfume?

Angie65 said:
I bought some deterrent spray a while back. Works :D Got it from P@H though, so depends how you feel about that. I use it if they pee in wrong place, they don't go back to it then & for the wooden partitions in the bunny room. Sometimes I re-treat, but they are mostly out of the habit now.

Or Perfume?

Whats the deterrent spray called, I could do with that for candy, she a s*d for chewing and weeing but always gose back to the same spots so it's just getting worse and worse, tried putting a litter tray at the wee spot and she moves it and wee's on the carpet :shock: :shock: , crafty rabbit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back