• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freeads British Giant - I got him!!!!

KateCo

Warren Scout
Went and collected the British Giant advertised yesterday on Freeads. He's huge!!!! And soooo beautiful!!!! I'll post pics as soon as poss.
I'm going to take him to the vets in the next couple of days. He has a sort of 'white skin' over one eye. Never seen anything like it before so I don't know what it is. Other than that he's seems very healthy. He's very friendly and comes over for a nose rub and doesn't appear scared in any way. At the moment he's up in the middle bedroom which he has all to himself. I can't let him near my two because he's not 'done' and neither is Cara. Heaven knows what sort of babies an orange rex and a British Giant would produce and heaven can keep the secret to itself because I'm not taking any chances whatsoever :lol:
Obviously I still have the problem that my husband has only agreed to us being a 'half way' house and not a forever home. So if anyone has a genuine interest in this bun, and can give him the home he truly deserves, please pm me. I can keep him for a few weeks at least and I intend to have him speyed during that time. (He's up to date with his innoculations) I'll also have him thoroughly checked over by the vet and the eye problem sorted.
If no one can give him a home, then obviously he'll be able to stay with me, so please don't anyone think I went 'rushing to rescue' without thinking it through properly. The man I got him from was very nice but only interested in breeding. He's also given away a Sable doe because she has white toes 'and therefore no use' :shock: :evil:
Will post pics later, and if anyone knows what the eye thing is can they let me know please?
Kate.

:D awwww!! The "white skin" is prob his 3rd eyelid!!! All buns have them, but they tend to show more in larger breeds. Is it in the corner of the eye?

The white skin is the third eye lid. Most giants have this and it will be more prominant when he's scared. It's nothing to worry about unless it's inflamed etc.

Do you know how old he is? Is he definately a male? I might know of an excellent home for him.... would need to check they're still looking but if so posh pad and misses waiting.

Tam

totally normal! :D

16july2005038.jpg

Yes! That's exactly what it looks like!!! Thanks for posting, I can relax a bit more now.
Tamsin, he's 10 month's old and I'm told that he's definitely a buck (I'll get that checked at the vet if you like) He's 'rung' too so he's a registered bun. His innoculations were in December/January so no worries there.
He honestly doesn't seem at all worried or stressed. Never seen such a relaxed bun. He comes straight over to sit next to you and just relaxes whilst you rub his nose. If you stop, he pushes at your hand until you continue. :D :lol:
Piccy's as soon as I've taken some :D

Aww he sounds gorgeous! I'll check with the owner of the lady bun and see if she's still looking and he's suitable :)

KateCo said:
Yes! That's exactly what it looks like!!! Thanks for posting, I can relax a bit more now.
Tamsin, he's 10 month's old and I'm told that he's definitely a buck (I'll get that checked at the vet if you like) He's 'rung' too so he's a registered bun. His innoculations were in December/January so no worries there.
He honestly doesn't seem at all worried or stressed. Never seen such a relaxed bun. He comes straight over to sit next to you and just relaxes whilst you rub his nose. If you stop, he pushes at your hand until you continue. :D :lol:
Piccy's as soon as I've taken some :D

if he is ten month you should know if he is a buck there not small :shock: , shove your hand down there, that should tell ya!

if anyone could get him to me i would LOVE him and he could go as a partner to thelma long shot i know but its happened before! :D :D please do pm me if it ever become possible kate, they live free range here! :D

I enquired about this bun only this morning as my British Giant Poppy is looking for a friend. If you haven't found a home for him then I would love to offer him a loving forever home.

Okay, not the best of photo's, but here he is!
baby1forweb.jpg

Baby2forweb.jpg

babylittrayforweb.jpg

(Please ignore the state of the floor!!!!)
Thanks for all the offers of homes. I'll work out which one is the most practical (ie, distance etc) and get back in touch.
Kate.

Awwww Kate maybe we could help persuade your hubby to let you keep him....... :?
I mean Big Bun is with you now isnt he.... :wink: :wink:

Janex

kayj said:
Awwwww I want this bun, he would be perfect with Poppy as she is an Agouti also.

Poppy would swoon over him, he's gorgeous but she'd have to be quick cos you'll be hogging all the cuddles. I can just imaging them hopping around together.... they would make a stunning couple.

runnybabbit said:
kayj said:
Awwwww I want this bun, he would be perfect with Poppy as she is an Agouti also.

Poppy would swoon over him, he's gorgeous but she'd have to be quick cos you'll be hogging all the cuddles. I can just imaging them hopping around together.... they would make a stunning couple.

LOL. I said that to her, Poppy would love him, But she'd have to wrestle him off you first. Hes such a stunner. I'd love him but doubt Tilly-May would approve :lol: xx

WOT A STUNNING BOY MY GIRL WOULD LOVE I BOY FRIEND. SHAME I CANT AS AM 9 MONTHS PREGANANT.SO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM. my girl is a contenetial giant.

Back