• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've gone all nostalgic

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
I did a search on 'Dudley' and read some of my posts from when I first got him.

Cuddly Dudley is eating, but I have noticed that he refuses to touch the food in his bowl. To get him to eat, I have to sprinkle it all over the floor. Why might this be, do you think he never had a bowl? Or maybe he doesn't like the bowl I've given him?

Either way, initially I was concerned he wasn't eating much so I brought him indoors and popped a bit of food on the kitchen floor which he hoovered instantly. Since then he seems to be ignoring his food bowl but if I sprinkle some food on the floor of his run, he eats it instantly.

...one thing that's concerning me is that he doesn't seem very interested in food.

My other two practically rip your arm off to get to the Science selective, but Dudley shows absolutely no interest at all. If nothing else, it makes it hard to encourage him back into his house after a run around, because he seems like he couldn't care less about it and just shows a total lack of interest in anything I offer him.

It's just that he doesn't show any enthusiasm for any food whatsoever; he never rushes over to see what I have - it just seems a little odd? I know his teeth are ok as I had the vet check them while he was being neutered.

When he's outside in his hutch and run he seems to spend most of his time sitting in the dark part of his hutch.

Well none of those are a problem any more :lol: He comes begging for some science selective and it's easy to get them to go back to their shed by putting some in their food bowl - which he uses without a problem. He's a friendly little chap who has always got his nose into mischief and loves nothing better than a good old run around the garden and rummage about in whatever is lying around.

Awwww :D

Aw, I am so glad he is happy with you Alison and vice versa! You have certainly been charmed by the ickle bunsters! I really hope I get to meet you and little Dudley one day! When I first saw his pic, I knew he must be a special bunny :D So gorgeous and cute and if anyone says his ears are too long again, they will have me to deal with!! :wink:
So glad it all worked out!
Nicola x

Back