• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bracken`s On honeymoon update 31st may

bunnies

Alpha Buck
Bracken is off tomorrow to Bobtails to meet Florence, then he and her hopefully will be spending the next 2 weeks on honeymoon at Mary`s a foster for Bobtails.

Have put together his food, hay bits and pieces vac`s card my details his medical and feeding details anything else I have forgotten!.

Am a bit nervious about tomorrow hopefully he`ll be really happy to have a bunny friend. And enjoy his time away at Mary`s.

Have never boarded him before so hopefully it won`t be to stressful for him, as well as meeting Florence.But i said to Delia that I don`t mind if its not Florence, as long as i come back on the 16th june and he`s happy with any rabbit.

Just go and check his case again :? :lol: :?

Just got back I feel a bit strange being at home without Bracken, even been out to see him :?

But I`m so excited about Florence she is beautiful :D , she`s a brown colour with the most velvet coat, have never stroked a Rex before.

bobtails is an amazing place< it was like a tardis which went on forever in the garden with hutche, runs everywhere. Jim offered another rabbit called Nibbles a English but my heart was taken with Florence.

Then off to Mary`s for the bonding and hopeful honeymoon, when we put them in the bonding shed they just looked at each other had a sniff and then spent ages exploring their new home :) . Mary said it was looking good so fingers cross, i`m ringing tonight so see how they are doing its going to be hard to wait till tonight :wink: . I really hope they do bond but I said to Delia and Mary I don`t mind who he has as long as I collect them on the the 16th June.

My husband and son came to and on the way home my husband said that Bobtails and Mary`s were just bunny wonderful, but it was ashame to think why the rabbits were there :( , but they are the lucky ones.

I was surprised he came to, I think it was to make sure its only 1 rabbit where adopting :D , little does he know :D :wink: :wink: :D in the future.

So please send bonding and happy vibes to the happy couple and i`ll keep you updated.

Aww its weird without them, but its a nice break for you both, Im sure Bracken will forget his recent heartache whilst hes on his holidays, and you will be happy too :D Xx

I hope it goes well. I think its a really good idea that they'll be together on neutral territory for so long. I left Hann and Esmerelda for 9 days before returning them to her play house and its worked out fine.

I'm sure they'll be in love soon!

xx

I hope it goes well for them :D awwww! it must be strange without Bracken at home, but won't it be nice when he brings home his new lady! :wink: I hope he likes Florence as much as you do! :D

Well I couldn`t wait any longer and have spoken to Mary and its going well, their not madly in love yet, but have had nose rubs and they haven`t been fightening so its looking good :D

Bracken is eating well so all the worring about him going somewhere else was not needed.

One thing though is that Florence has a sore on her back foot which has been bleeding, Delia thinks that her feet are not use to the concrete run and the feet are soft. Am worried because my run attached to the shed is on concrete :? any ideas on what i can put on the floor of the run which will be water proof???????

Also is this a common thing with Rex`s as their coats are fur are so soft and short??

But am well pleased tonight, a small glass of wine I think in celebration to the happy couple :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

The bonding is going well Mary put Florence in a pen in the shed last night as their was a bit of chasing. But today no chasing just chilling out together but florence did lick Brackens eye :D .

So its not a made in love from the off, but their taking it steady and not rushing into things :lol:

Bracken is having a great time at Mary`s and eating loads and is really happy with a bunny companion again.

So it looks like Florence is the one and i can`t wait to collect them on the 16th June and bring them home.

So sending happy thoughts to the happy couple :D :D

I do feel very disloyal to Beebie :( , is this a normal reaction :?:

I think how you feel is perfectly normal but you are NOT being disloyal to Beebie. You are making sure her best friend is not lonely, which is what Beebie would want you to do. Florence wont REPLACE Beebie but will find her own place in your heart and in Brackens too :D :D
Oh yes, Rexes are very prone to sore hocks. Lots of soft bedding is needed and careful observation of the sore area. If the skin breaks down infection can set in. Concrete is not a good surface for Rexes to exercise on so you may need to adapt things a bit.
Janex

Back