• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Or Shed

Which one (read post)

• Hutch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Say you had to decide between a 6X4 hutch or a 6X4 shed, either would have an attached run. Which would you choose, and why? Xx

I chose shed, thinking a hutch would prob still only be 2' high. And because they are easier to get into to sit with your bunnies :D

I said shed too . . although. . .I am looking for a hutch not shed as we are renting at the moment and moving soon and a hutch is a lot easier to move!

I say shed!, shed!, shed! everytime, my reason... well my friend has a beautiful bunnie called Buggles and he was only two years old when he died and that was because he jumped up in the air because he was happy, he caught himself on the top of the run and broke his back!!, she was devastated and never forgave herself :cry: .

It's something I am very well aware of and I always have 6ft high sheds or runs.

Hope this helps :)

i would have to say hutch i get mine free as my o/halfs dad makes mine and she only uses it for sleeping she has the whole garden with her own body guard my dog that hates birds cats and other dogs.lolso she is lady of the house.... :lol: :lol:

Shed! I'm trying to persuade my parents to let me have a 6ft by 4ft or a 5 x 5ft playhouse. Grr not having much success.

A shed everytime mine has a run attached and in the summer they sat and spent most of the time in the run.

You can get electricity put into sheds, which you could use a fan in summer and a heater in winter.

You can take the glass out of the shed windows and replace them with mesh. In the winter you can cover them with celophane/transparent plastic bag to help keep the cold out but still let the light in.

You can add a shelf and ramp.

The buns have space for a cardboard box (and we all know buns love boxes)

Can add a higher shelf for bunny stuff storage.

Rabswood

I think go for a shed if you have the room.
Gives you somewhere to shelter and spend more time with them if the weathers horrible!

Shed without a doubt

you also have the height with a shed, so can add extra shelves and things, which you wouldnt be able to do with a hutch

shed! mine run around the garden all day and teh shed is there bedroom and we have a huge fan for the summer (out of buns reach and all wires) incase we go out and they go inside although they sleep in cages inside the shed

Back