• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shock discovery on Pepper.

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
Pepper has become pretty relaxed with me now and will now sit down next to me in the evnings and let me give her lots of fuss. So I tought i would take the oppurtunity to give her a good look over tonight and I discovered what apperas to be numbers tatooed on the insides of her ears :shock: :shock: There is a three digit number in each ear - they are different but hard to read as they are a bit faded looking. Do breeders do this? Or could she have come from a lab? :(

Some breeders tatto but I've not heard of it being used for a long time :shock:

Where did you get her from?

It the UK rings are usually used. They tattoo in other countries though so I guess she could have been imported (breeder sometime use rabbits from europe to add to their lines). It possible some other clubs use tattoo's.

Bit of a puzzler :)

I got her from a rescue in Essex (no-one off here). They didn't give me much informattion about where she had come from. I think they were just happy I was taking her - didn't seem to bother much about checking me out or anything and I don't think they asked too many questions when she came in :? Guess it will just be a mystery.

she would have been imported by a breeder to improve their lines and they get more money for litters as they are a new line all kinds things go on in the breeding world

Back