• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attempting another bonding today! PICCIES NOW POSTED!

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
O.k, so i`m introducing Bella to the trio today. It`s the 1st time i`ve tried to introduce a singleton into an established group and you could say i`m a tad nervous! :roll: :lol: :lol: So could you all send you positive bonding vibes our way please????? :D
At the moment they`re sat in the kitchen in carriers & Bella`s just giving the odd thump so i`ll let them keep chatting for now before the next stage.

Fingers crossed,
Su.x

Well so far so good................................... they were fine in the kitchen, i`ve just moved them out to the run, blue`s been washing Bella, Tia seems to have just accepted her, Pandoras going through a chase the new bunny phase at the mo but nothing major`s kicked off so hopefully they`ll settle down once they`ve sorted out who`s top bunny.
Will keep you updated,

Su.x

Pandora keeps chasing her flat out round the run, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should i seperate or will this calm down????????

Su.x

Pandora keeps chasing her flat out round the run, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should i seperate or will this calm down????????

Su.

cannonwoman said:

Su.

Wish i could help more, if Bella is getting really upset i think i'd take her out :? Xx

Not that I have any experience, but I keep reading that unless they're really physically fighting and there's serious damage being done, they should be left to sttle their differences :?

Beany said:
Not that I have any experience, but I keep reading that unless they're really physically fighting and there's serious damage being done, they should be left to sttle their differences :?

Thanks, that`s the theory i`m working on at the mo.

Su.x

Just let them get on with it at the moment. If no one is getting hurt or unduly stressed out then I would say its all par for the course. If you keep intervening it will just take longer. Also, I would try to keep the in the same area as long as possible ie not move them from room to room or outside if you can help it.

Spacegirl said:
Just let them get on with it at the moment. If no one is getting hurt or unduly stressed out then I would say its all par for the course. If you keep intervening it will just take longer. Also, I would try to keep the in the same area as long as possible ie not move them from room to room or outside if you can help it.

Thanks,
It seems to have calmed down abit now, i think it could be because they`re both fairly newly neutered so there`s probably still a few hormones flying around. Pandora ignores Bella some of the time and even sits in the carrier with her it`s just the bouts of chasing and thumping that concerned me.
I had to start them off in the kitchen as it`s the only area that`s 100% neutral then i moved them to the run as it`s got more room. They will stay there till late when hopefully i`ll be able to put them in the disenfectanted hutch.

Su.x

Well all I can say is lots of luck. You know me and bonding!! :oops: :roll:
I nearly have a heart attack when bonding just two!!
Although my one claim to fame is bonding 3 adult, unrelated Does :shock:
Cant really remember how I did it though as it was about 6 years ago :roll: :roll:
Hope everything works out OK!
Janex

I bonded a group of six doe's yesterday. 3 are neutered and 3 are not as I'm waiting for them to lose a bit of weight before they have their op’s.

They spent a good hour chasing each other, mounting and a wee bit of fur pulling but this morning when I went to feed them all they were all sprawled out together and there was even some mutual grooming which was lovely to see. :D

How are things going Su? :wink:

Louise

ellepotter said:
I bonded a group of six doe's yesterday. 3 are neutered and 3 are not as I'm waiting for them to lose a bit of weight before they have their op’s.

They spent a good hour chasing each other, mounting and a wee bit of fur pulling but this morning when I went to feed them all they were all sprawled out together and there was even some mutual grooming which was lovely to see. :D

Louise

*THUD*

*Jane faints at the very thought of attempting it*
:oops: :oops:

WELL DONE!!

Janex

Thanks Jane. :oops:

Must admit I was a bit apprehensive yesterday as one of the doe's is a real wild card. Luckily she just tried to hump everything in sight and wore herself out in the end! :lol:

Louise

JCO said:
ellepotter said:

Louise

*THUD*

WELL DONE!!

Janex

Ditto! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Pandora has settled down but then it started peeing it down so about an hour ago i had to move them into the hutch. It had been disenfectated fully but Tia remembered it was her territory and then it was her turn to give Bella a hard time! :roll: :roll:
Fortunately that also seems to have calmed down now and for the past half hour all has been quiet and they`re all sitting together. :D Hopefully this is a sign of things to come (looks for a fingers crossed sign)!
Bella is munching on hay so hopefully this hasn`t been too traumatic for her and poor little Blue is just going round grooming everyone trying to restore harmony to his ever growing harem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All i know is that my nerves are shot! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will keep you updated,
Su.x

cannonwoman said:
JCO said:
ellepotter said:

Louise

*THUD*

WELL DONE!!

Janex

Ditto! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Pandora has settled down but then it started peeing it down so about an hour ago i had to move them into the hutch. It had been disenfectated fully but Tia remembered it was her territory and then it was her turn to give Bella a hard time! :roll: :roll:
Fortunately that also seems to have calmed down now and for the past half hour all has been quiet and they`re all sitting together. :D Hopefully this is a sign of things to come (looks for a fingers crossed sign)!
Bella is munching on hay so hopefully this hasn`t been too traumatic for her and poor little Blue is just going round grooming everyone trying to restore harmony to his ever growing harem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All i know is that my nerves are shot! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will keep you updated,
Su.x

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
*pours another glass of wine to seady nerves*
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Janex

Am laying on the bed surfing as i`m knackered!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Am checking the group regulary and when i go out all is quiet, bunnies just sitting around. But whenever i come back in i keep hearing thumping! :? :? So i`ve just been out again, all buns are sitting still but i can still hear thumping???????? :? :? Have just realised it`s the neighbours kids playing football against the wall!!!!!! :? :? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jane, can you send some of that wine down this way, i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!! :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

Back