• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vets must be racking it in!!!!

karina

Young Bun
hey all just to let you know i took truffles to the vets today coz she has been shaking and scratching at her ears thought it would be ear mites.bt it wasnt .she has been given ear drops tho to help break down the wax build up.so for ear drops and i mite jab that she didnt need cost me 32.50 cant understand were the prices come from. i will pay coz its for her health. bt good god its alot!!!! :oops: :cry:

Glad to hear Truffles is on the mend! :)

I know what you mean about the size of the vet bills! Our vets is getting more plush by the minute, with it's brand new renovations, decorations, extentions and new animal hospital. It's obvious who is paying for it all! :shock: :shock:

Carol xxx

you are so rite.i was gobbed smacked when she totted it up handed me the bill.!!! its alot. bt worth it :oops:

I know vets bills are totally ridiculous! and they vary a great deal from vets to vets. We had to have Richard bottom hair clipped, when we lived in Northamptonshire it cost £20 then we moved to Hertfordshire took him to the vets to have it done and almost died of shock when we were handed a bill for £70!!!!!! Couldn't believe it!!!! The *******! We paid it but now in hindsight I wish I had questioned it cos it seems like a ridiculous difference!

i took choc to the emergency vets one night only to be told she had wind!!! it cost me £104 and all the way to the vet i was accusing my hubby of standing in something - it must have been choc trumping.

my last bun had to have blood tests and xrays which revealed nothing and that was £280.

they must make a fortune but we pay it for our babies

cazza said:
i took choc to the emergency vets one night only to be told she had wind!!! it cost me £104 and all the way to the vet i was accusing my hubby of standing in something - it must have been choc trumping.

I'm sorry but this one has really made me laugh!! :lol: Parrrrrrrp!! :lol:

SarahP said:
cazza said:

I'm sorry but this one has really made me laugh!! :lol: Parrrrrrrp!! :lol:

me too!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Janex

Vets Bills do add up, but i don't really complain about the cost. My vets is fantastic....Mark (my vet) even said if he wins the lottory tonight he will pay off my bill for me. I know its pritty unlikely but it was nice for him to say so.

My bill is slowly increasing. After Woody having another op, and then being pts, and then today Buddy (another one of my piggies) had an abcess drained, and flushed and hes on antibiotics!!

My vet is so great. He told me icould pay it off at the end of the month. I think its cos i am such a regular customer, because they usually only do tabs for farmers etc.

Back