• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Deleted

Is it possible for you to go back and take some photos? Perhaps ask the RSPCA to investigate?
I'm just concerned that he may sell animals elsewhere too :?

No, I asked if he had another "branch" and he said he hasn't, but I couldn't take photos because he was watching me and I didn't want to prewarn him that I was on his case.

I was going to go back on Monday and if that sad bunny was there I was going to buy it because its face is haunting me

Any other ideas of what I can do?

I think that might get me into trouble Amy :lol:

Seriously, I want to keep on the right side of the Managing Director and at least give him the opportunity of doing something about the problem.

If nothing is done then I will have to think again

i hope it all gets sorted - keep us informed

i complained to the rspca once and its been ages since i have complained and ive heard nothing

each time i phone they say someone will be in touch when it has completed as there might be court proceedings etc etc which app take ages!!!!

I'm going to check out this gargen centre this morning, lets hope he has been stopped from selling bunnies and guinea pigs, I will let you all know what I find!!, I have camera at the ready!

Keep your fingers crossed for me

Oh no, bad news, it was even worse today with rabbits and no food or hay in filthy conditions, 2 rabbit were put in direct sunlight through the window and no shade, I will contact the RSPCA :cry:

Contact the local Council as well, the Environmental Health department licences pet shops and there will be licence conditions about health, cleanliness etc so best report them there too - you never know, he might not even have a licence!

I think throwing rocks at him was the best idea!
I hate that people can do that, they blatantly have no clue what they're dong. If you do take photos do the whole; 'Aw I want that bun so I'll take a photo to check with my mum/other half etc.' Then he won't suspect you, that's what I've done a few times and as long as you smile, you geenrally get away with it. Let us know how it goes.

Couldn't take any photos because I was being watched the whole time, but I came home and was so upset I rang the MD of the company (spoke to him last week and he said he would check things out), he was not in the office today but spoke to his son who I can only describe as an obnoxious pratt!, when I told him that the buns had no food and not one bit of hay he told me quite firmly and I quote "rabbits don't need hay because it's only a small part of their diet", I told him that they need hay all day and night because they eat it all the time and their digestive system needs it otherwise they get an impacted gut he argued with me and said I quote "well we will have to agree to differ about what a rabbit eats", I'm so upset with this man.

They do have a licence with the local authority

What can I do?? :cry: :cry:

As someone else mentioned contact the local council as they can put pressure on the MD to make changes.

Is there a Rabbit Welfare leaflet you can print off re rabbit diets you could post it to the MD and his son.

Keep us informed

Rabswood

Back