• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

swimming and bunnies!!!

karina

Young Bun
hey all my bunny loves water lays in it sits in it rolls in it.she is trying to swim in a paddling pool out for my dog when she is in i will nt leave her on her own.bt i cant get her ot nt even for her fav treats is swimming ok for them??? she is bigger than a jack russell at 8kgs contenetial giant doe.

Swimming is OK for rabbits as long as they have a way out, and they are doing it by choice. Rabbits are built able to swim, most of them dont like it though!
You just have to make sure she is 100% dried off though otherwise she may get sick!!

Pictures of her swimming would be awesome though :D

xxx

I'd love to see photos!!!!! Most people use water as a punishment to buns, I guess your bun wouldn't be that put off by a splash!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All rabbits are able to swim, but for most, it would only be used in a "life or death" situation. As some people have mentioned, most bunnies hate water, which is why the "water pistol "no" training method" can be so successful :D

Back