• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Need steps for my eeyore

houndour

Warren Scout
Eeyore has been suffering the last couple of days with his head tilt and I don't think he can get down off the top of the hutch.

So I need some ideas of something I can use as steps. So some kind of bunny safe box thats about 4 inches high.

Any ideas? I know it would be easy to make some out of wood, but it's more of a time issue.

Just been reading up on head tilt. Maybe I should be taking steps to stop him from going on top of the hutch altogether?

However I can't stop him from jumping inside the hutch. So it'd be nice to have something there to make it easy for him. Just loooking on bunnybasics for a ramp now...

maybe if you had some ramps side by side to make it easier for him to get up without falling off a more narrow ramp? I'm not sure if that will help :?

I have one of these - I bought it at a petshop in Northampton, I have seen similar on the web somewhere. If you are interested, I will have a search
Image08.jpg

Thanks, but i need something a lot lower than that. On the bright side we took eeyore to the vet for his jab and over all he's as healthy as he's going to be. We've been told to not pick him up if we can help it as with the tilt picking him up can be very stressful - but this proves difficult as he needs a clean of his snuffly nose quite often. But she said keeping his nose clear is more important than not picking him up. Poor little eeyore. I just want to make life comfy for him really. And even this morning he was inside the hutch and wouldnt jump out for food. I had to put the bowl in the hutch for him. Bless.

Back