• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not spending quality time together?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone else find that there rabbits get on but don't spend that much time together?

The statistic about bonded rabbits spending 70% of their time together was very true of Esmerelda and Bob, in fact it was probably nearer 90%.

But with Hann and Esmerelda they seem very different personality wise- she is quiet, whilst he is more independent and leaves her for long periods- even now it is pouring down here and he is sat in the corner of their run getting wet, whilst she is inside.
They are bonded now and have sorted out that Esmerelda is the boss. There has been some grooming but no real loving- I think Hann's too independent for that!
It just makes me sad seeing her sitting in their house all alone. She is obviously used to having a constant companion, whilst he's had the bachelor lifestyle!

Of course, I'm not thinking of splitting them but just wondered if anyone else has bunnies like this? Perhaps true love will come in time!

My foursome aren't as closely bonded as my pairs. Sometimes they groom each other, but I think Smirnoff would be just as happy on his own, although Joey definitely benefits from the girls.

Polly is very closely bonded to her dad, Alfie. They go everywhere together. My other pairs aren't anywhere as near bonded as those too.

Angie65 said:
Polly is very closely bonded to her dad, Alfie. They go everywhere together. My other pairs aren't anywhere as near bonded as those too.

Thats what Esmerelda and Bob were like, it was really lovely to see how happy and in love they were.

When Gypsy was with Bilbo they were always together. Bilbo was totally smitten and followed her around all the time, which was sooooo cute. They were always cuddled up together, even when the weather was baking hot :shock: Now Gypsy has Storm, they are close but not that close. They cuddle up but not all the time, Gypsy gets mildly annoyed with Storm chasing her, ( Bilbo was an old boy and didn't do that sort of thing, Gypsy chased him :roll: ) I often go into my room to see Gypsy sitting on the bed out of Storms way, or them sitting at the other end of the room from each other :? but I also see them cuddled up and grooming each other too :D I think it's about 50/50 with my two!

Lucky and Hazel (Brother & Sister) are very close, they do everything together, I couldn't imagine them being apart.

Blue & Stripes (Also brother and sister) are very close but quite fiercely independant as well

My large trio (Brother, sister and unrelated male) are very close, they all pile together whatever the weather, they're bonded with my medium trio and they all like they're own space

When we first got Audrey, she was VERY interested in Earnest and he was disinterested/peeved by her. Now he is sooky and demanding and she's more independent.

Back