• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stroppy bunny!!!!!

karina

Young Bun
hey all my contenetial giant doe is getting a strop on with ppl
mostly men.am 8 months pregnant and ppl cant get near me without her going for them!!! she only cums to me dislikes my other half ..bt will nip me if i dont pay any attention to her??? she is 16 weeks and i havent had her done yet. :oops: :oops: and its not a small bunny at 8kgs.

She is in her 'hormonal stage' right now :roll: She will be done as soon as possible to reduce cancer risks, and tempermental issues :roll:
Soon you will have your sweet baby back :D

xxx

you have a normal healthy stroppy teenager on your hands! :D as others have said, spaying usually sorts this out, I think you have to wait untill they are 6 months old because of the invasive surgery involved for a female.

Just a small question: are you saying that she is already 8kg now, or that she will be when she is grown up? If she is now, then she surely would be the size of a labrador when she is grown up... :shock: Or do you mean she is 8 lb (which would still be extremly large for a 3 months old bunny)?

Anyway, yes, neutering will help (but personally I would not neuter a giant until about 8 months old unless absolutely necessary). The fact that you are pregnant might also contribute.

Be gentle, but firm with her. And perhaps remove her from the situation when she is stroppy. Also try to keep her busy with toys, different types of hay, things to do...

Vera

I got told spaying would work wonders for her behaviour - funny thing is she was as good as gold before it... I only had it done for her future health lol...
Now shes a nightmare... especially since she hit one last week... She's the bunny from HELL!!!

Back