• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Marley unwell - fur ball I think - updated

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya

My cashy seems a bit under the weather, he was fine this morning, but he seems quiet this evening. I've felt his tummy, it feels soft and ok. I think he may have a blockage of fur as he is ery long haired, what is it I need to get is it kitty malt and can I get it to from the asda?

Help please my vet is closed and the emergency one is ****?

Hum, tree is you can get to me, I have some kittymalt, if not get some organic pineaple juice and syringe it unless he likes it and let him lick some!

Kittymalt.. you cant get it from asda, only petshops.
But fresh pineapple or fresh pineapple juice is supposed to be good too. I give mine pineapple juice as they rather like it and havent had any probs... and you can get the real thing or a carton of juice from asda :D

Thanks guy,

Laura I'm on my way :thumb: don't be scared of my coldsore. :lol:

Cheers Estelle, I've been and picked some.

Marley Say's thank you aunty Laura! he's just had some kitty Malt anf I'm tying to temped him with some pineapple :D

SOAD said:
Cheers Estelle, I've been and picked some.

Marley Say's thank you aunty Laura! he's just had some kitty Malt anf I'm tying to temped him with some pineapple :D
Awww thats good that he has had it :D Less of a battle for you :D

Thanks for all your help and tips Marley is now fine. He was even begging for weetabix this morning :shock: :lol:

I'm going to shave all his hair off so it can't happen again, he can be a poodle bunny :lol:

SOAD said:
Thanks for all your help and tips Marley is now fine. He was even begging for weetabix this morning :shock: :lol:

I'm going to shave all his hair off so it can't happen again, he can be a poodle bunny :lol:

Hop for the hills Marley, Tree's on the lookout for a set of SHEEP SHEARERS!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Janex

SOAD said:

we had to do that to our matted cat at work, she looks like one of those chinese crested dogs now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Estelle said:
SOAD said:

we had to do that to our matted cat at work, she looks like one of those chinese crested dogs now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

loopylop said:
Yay, thats fab news tree! Did he eat the pineapple?! :lol:

he's had some this morning, I couldn't tempted him last night. Bless him my poor fluffy wova.

Back