• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly gone in for her op - UPDATE: op went ok

jay

Mama Doe
Milly's gone in for her op. It took ages to get her into the carrier - I put food in it but she still wouldn't go all the way in. When I finally got her in she was digging at her blanket, pulling on the door with her teeth, stamping her foot. She is such an angry bunny, I don't want to think about what she has been through. Not sure how I am going to look after her when she gets back - apart from the odd - and very quick - nose rub, she won't let me near her. When Jack had his op I could cuddle him and he would fall asleep so I felt I was some comfort to him - Milly doesn't trust me and her op is much worse. Don't know what to do to make her feel better. :(

You could try bribery! :lol:
A small strawberry gets me bunny cuddles everytime :D

Good luck with the op, I'm sure she'll settle down soon after :D

Sending positive vibes for Millie. I think you are going to have to see how things go re her aftercare. She may well be easier to handle if she comes home tonight as she will still be sleepy from the GA. I would make sure you get to speak with THE VET when you collect her and ask about post-op pain relief. As she is such a nervous Bun she really does not want to be in pain too.
I would try to get back to her normal routine when she gets home. You only need to check the wound twice a day. So if you can get her eating ASAP then you can keep handling of her to a minimum if it stresses her out.
You can always ask for advice on here as you go along!!

Janex

Thanks - I feel so sad for her - she have had such a rough time and she is only one and now I am putting her through more pain and she doesn't know its for own good in the long term. She doesn't really like me much already - she's going to hate me now! Going to put her in an indoor rabbit cage for the first few days so she and Jack can be near each other without him humping her.

I really hope after this op she calms down and is a happier bunny.

She is recovering at the vets. My finace is going to pick her up in a bit. Popped home at lunchtime (found Jack snoozing under the table - how excited was he to see me at lunchtime!! He was jumping all over me! :love: )

Scrubbed out his old cage for Milly, put in a small litter tray, toys and soft towels for her to lie on. Put two blankets over the top to make her feel safe (and also cos Jack will probably jump on top and I don't want his little feet to get stuck in the bars). Have given her a bowl of fav food, hay in a cardboard tube and water in a new bottle and bowl. Not much more I can do for her. Going to be sat by the cage all evening though just ot make sure she is ok!!

I am a paranoid bunny mummy!!

Hiya , we are delighted to hear Millie came through her op so well, please give her a snuggle from me when she comes home.
You are not a paranoid Bunny Mummy, just a very kind, caring one :wink: :)

Enjoy your evening with Millie :) :) Please give us an update later.
Best wishes

So glad to hear Milly will be home soon :D
Dont worry if she is VERY sleepy when she gets home. She may just want to snooze until late tonight. Hopefully she should have a drink this evening and a nibble on some food. Poops should appear overnight too, although they may look very different from her normal ones.
Please keep us updated!!
Janex

Milly was very quiet last night. Gave her some food - she ate a few dandilions and drank some water. Gave her all sorts of food this morning and she nibbled on some grapes and had a long drink of water. She has also eaten some hay.

No poops that I can see bit worried about that, yet she is eating ok - although less than usual. If none have appeared when I get home tonight then I will ring the vets.

She was quite alert this morning but didn't look very happy - not surprising really!

She is back at the vets on friday for a check-up.

Back