• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oscar jealous tantrums!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
yes he gets them like a human toddler!! He has to be the centre of attention..i blame the death of his feline companions and my daughter spoiling him too much..i mean he thinks shes big bunny or his mum!!
It was hard work bonding him and Bif but now they are inseperable..until he wants my daughters attention all to himself...
if he has cuddles and cheeky rubs as a goodnight and my daughter says goodnight to bif as well..he gets in a huff and picks up bunny flip and toss rattle(has plastic bunny head and 2 wooden carrots) and deliberately whacks bif on the head or across the face with it!
this isnt him playing he really has an evil streak when hes jealous!
we try to give attention at the same time but bif is really not comfortable with people and he is..and he wants to be the centre of attention..we tried stopping him but it seems to make him worse..so we ignore him and he still does it..
anyone else had this sort of problem..i need help before she ends up a battered bunny!!
btw they are both done..he was done when we had him for a week and bif was spayed a fortnight before we got her.

Jack has shown signs of this with Milly - not to the extreme of picking up a rattle and battering her over the head though!! :lol: :shock:
He just pushes her out the way when he wants me all to himself.

Can't give you any advice though - Milly gives as good as she gets, its just al pushing and shoving and Milly stamping when she is annoyed with it all so we just leave them to it!

Polly stamps if I spend too much time giving Alfie nose rubs. Then she runs over & demands Alfie groom her. She eats out of my hand but never sits still long enough for a nose rub :lol:

im glad its made you laugh :) if i could get it on film i would..you have to see it to believe it!!
Bif is not amused and has taken to pooing all over the dog crate as well as filling up her litter tray! And for 3 or 4 days i caught her humping him in the crate! He gets amourous with her and she runs off!
Shes a lot bigger than him..she will get her own back..maybe!!

i am looking for babys teething keys..the non gel kind..they wont hurt as much as that bunny rattle!!
Take it away i hear you say..fine but you come watch him sulk..lol

i didnt think bunny tantrums were so diverse! Is it just me or are lops the worst for this!??

I don't know about lops but Milly is a lion head cross and has a great range of bad moods, tantrums and sulks! I like to think she is hormonal and will calm down after her op today - I have a feeling that she is just like that though!

:lol: :lol:

Well, Nutmeg's a lop and I have never known a rabbit to be so stroppy! But she's a princess compared to yours :lol:

Dougal gets annoyed when Ted gets more attention, even though they get the same! He gives me very evil glares!

Ted gets very worked up if his meals are even just slightly late, he pulls with his teeth on the wire bars, thumping, throwing the bowl around! Its so funny!

Back