• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high can your buns jump?

One of them got over a 5ft fence and another climbed a 6ft to escape and she did :?

We got them back though, I think it was a family thing :roll:

Gem said:
One of them got over a 5ft fence and another climbed a 6ft to escape and she did :?

We got them back though, I think it was a family thing :roll:

:shock: i was impressed with Hann's 3ft! :)

I've found Harry helping himself to dinner from the top shelf of a potting bench before, I think that's around 4ft. Both him and Heather can easily jump on top of their run which is around 2.5 ft high. Even my nethies can scale 2ft with relative ease!

valentine can jump over 4.5 feet, :roll: :roll: had to rasie my enclosures divider because of her :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh, I feel silly now! I thought you'd all be so impressed with Hann's pitiful 3 feet! :lol: :lol:

mandy said:
Oh, I feel silly now! I thought you'd all be so impressed with Hann's pitiful 3 feet! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: count yourself luck missess :lol: :lol: :lol:

3ft is still very impressive!! I think it says a lot about bunny motivation...they can do just about anything if they REALLY want to :lol:

mandy said:

awwww! don't feel silly! I had a bunny who didn't jump at all :shock: and he didn't used to chew things up, dig or spray me! imagine my shock when a baby Gypsy jumped on my bed and then onto my dressing table knocking stuff everywhere and chewed up all my carpets :shock: :lol:
and then a young storm and his spraying :shock: i had no idea!!

sparklefairy said:
mandy said:

awwww! don't feel silly! I had a bunny who didn't jump at all :shock: and he didn't used to chew things up, dig or spray me! imagine my shock when a baby Gypsy jumped on my bed and then onto my dressing table knocking stuff everywhere and chewed up all my carpets :shock: :lol:
and then a young storm and his spraying :shock: i had no idea!!

:lol: :lol: I think thats defiently it!- ie used to lazier buns! Bob was always a bit poorly so didn't do any jumping- they'd never even mastered the stairs in the play house, but now Hann's moved in with Esmerelda he has been madly bombing up and down them- think I need to get him to teach her.

AlisonA said:
3ft is still very impressive!! I think it says a lot about bunny motivation...they can do just about anything if they REALLY want to :lol:

:lol: Yes he's a very naughty boy, I'll have to watch him out in the garden more than Esmerelda- have just been madly chasing him round in the rain, whilst she comes as soon as there's food!

I know Marlon can make it over a 75cm playpen if necessary after the time my hamster wandered in (during an escape) and scared the poor boy our of his wits.
He is very agile and has no problems jumping up on the furniture but there aren't really any surfaces of any great height for him to attempt in here.

Bella's not a jumper though, she's occasionally tried the sofa when I've had food but she just can't quite make it, bless her.

Its quite amazing what they can do, considering most people think they sit in a hutch all day and do nothing

Molly has jumped about 3ft before - but I have never really put the bunnies through any kind of formal test to assess their jumping capabilities. :lol:

Chocolate (rex) can jump onto the back of the sofa from a stand still.
Barley can jump/clamber up the 4ft partitions in the bun room (yeah, like that's happening again!!!). Polly jumped onto a chest high bookshelf - she's tiny :shock: She looked dead surprised. She just sat there & waited to be put on the floor!! :lol: :lol:

I found out this morning Poppy can jump over the run we use to keep them out of the living room, it's about 3.5ft...not what you want first thing in the morning when you are late for work :roll: :roll:

Gus is the oposite he can squeeze under almost anything, he managed to get himself stuck under our sofa yesterday, there is about a inch and a half gap, he got under but couldn't get out again, had to get Dave to lift the sofa while I bribed him with carrot...he also managed to get himself stuck in a blanket!

I think I have particually mischevious buns...thanks Eve :lol: :lol: :eek: :roll:

Jack jumped out of his puppy cage - I think its about 3ft high - from a sitting position. He cleared the top of the cage and landed on the boxes at the side! What surprised me the most was the way he did it so precisely through the bars in the top of the cage!! :shock:

my two are rubbish jumpers compared to yours!!! Poppy is better than albert and can just about manage 3ft, Albert though has trouble getting on the sofa (2ft ish), he occasionally tries to jump up but only half makes it and we have to hoik his bum up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are my 2 the only ones who don't jump? Sophie can't be bothered and rudy, well, his idea of a binky is a slight jump in the air and then he takes an hour to relax after it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back