• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

free adds

NicolaB18

Mama Doe
if you see any bunnies needing homes on it, please suggest this website, ive done it to most and got email back saying thanks for advice will try it.

:lol: I do that as well, I tell them that a lot of people scan the freeads for snake food, and also that if the hutch is free, it wouldn't surprise me if some people would take the whole lot, then dispose of the bunny and sell the hutch at a profit! I always suggest rabbit rehome and sell the hutch separately after the bunny has been rehomed if it doesn't go with it from there!

You're right though, I do get 'thank you' emails back from time to time, as well as a smatter full of the 'f' word. But even if it helps some bunnies, that's better than none :D

I text someone last week who had an ad up saying they wanted a male to breed their 2 month old female to. :shock: She was really nice & it was just lack of knowledge. She's decided to get a neutered boy from a Rescue. If bun is too far away, i usually email, if they are local, i offer to take bun, then find a Rescue.

Mostly it's just ignorance the buns are on the Free ads. & Surely someone giving their once-loved pet as free to a good home, is better than an amateur 15 year old breeder selling 6 week old baby buns for £4 each (up road from me). Before I knew this site existed, i got my (then 2) buns from pet shops - when I discovered RR/RU, I remember thinking it was a whole New World!!!!

I've never had a nasty email back - there's no need if you word it carefully.

Not that I'm excusing ignorance, but people just don't know.

I've collected 9 free ad buns, 1 guinea pig & 1 gerbil. I've kept 4 & the gerbil, passed on 4 & the guinea to be rehomed by Jill, & my friend has got the other (so I still see her (ANIMUSUK - It's Jake's sister).
I'm collecting a rex at the weekend, which is hopefully going to live with Ellepotter :D

Back