• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you help? BUNNY RUN sorted! Pics added.

monkeypuzzler

Mama Doe
I've been contacted by my vet, who need help with a bunny that has come into them, I don't have any room for another foster bunny at the moment, and was wondering if a rescue could help me?

The rabbit has been brought in to them by the owners with an attack of flystrike, this is the second time this has happened. Luckily, they caught it early, and the maggots had only just started to attack the skin. She is very overweight, which they think was a contributing factor as she has been unable to clean herself properly. They also suspect she was not cleaned out often enough, as she also has sore hocks - poor darlin'

Anyway, the owner has admitted they can't cope with caring for her, and would like to rehome her. They are paying for all the current treatment (but I fear a donation to a rescue on top of this is unlikely) and when she is discharged from the vet she'll need somewhere to go! I could probably squeeeze her in somewhere until the weekend if needed, but really don't have the space to keep her longer. PLEASE, is there a local rescue that can help? I am in Bedfordshire, and can get her anywhere within Beds/South Cambs/North Herts. Or, if someone further afield can take her, perhaps we can organise a bunny run?

She is a 5 year old female, not speyed as far as they know, and no record of vaccinations. Not sure about breed, but can get more details if needed.

If anyone can help please PM me or email to harvester@4077th.co.uk ASAP

Thanks guys.

Roo
x

Do you know how big she is? I could take her if you can't find anywhere else for her to go. Have you tried the South Beds RSPCA, Sam runs the rabbit section and if the have space they're very good. All buns live in foster homes :)

Tam

Tamsin said:
Do you know how big she is? I could take her if you can't find anywhere else for her to go. Have you tried the South Beds RSPCA, Sam runs the rabbit section and if the have space they're very good. All buns live in foster homes :)

Tam

I know they are quite full at the moment (I think Sam had an unexpected arrival yesterday) so I don't think they've been contacted yet. I'll find out what sort of size she is...

donna-arc said:
Poor little thing! We could take her but only if someone can bring her in.

Thanks! :D Could anyone help with a bunny run from Beds down to Twickenham? I could get her down the A1 as far as Stevenage or near there...

Hi,

I live in Stanmore which is at the bottom of the A1 and could possible help to get her to Twickenham, time and space available I could break up the journey for an overnight stay.

Let me know

Maureen

I'll be going to Olney on the 24th of June and could possibly bring her back, if you can't get transport before then. I'll be at a rat show in Olney and I'll be travelling by train though so will need someone to drop her off at the show.

Thanks for the offer Karly, but I could do with getting her down there sooner, as I don't have much space for her here.

Maureen, that would be great thanks - can anyone do the stretch from Stevenage to Stanmore?

I'm meeting Estelle at a junction on the M1 (near Luton, to be decided) to pick up Betty as part of the great bunny run on the 30th at 3 pm. If this bun could get as far as where I'm meeting Estelle, I could take her to ARC. Hope that makes sense :roll:

That could work, thanks for the offer. I'm working 'til 12:30 that day, so the timing is good, and I could easily get to that area of the M1. 8)

harvester said:
That could work, thanks for the offer. I'm working 'til 12:30 that day, so the timing is good, and I could easily get to that area of the M1. 8)
superb... we're looking for a suitable meeting place off junction 11 where we can meet then return from whence we came. If anyone has any ideas, please let us know :D

There's always Toddington Services (between junctions 11 and 12) if you cant find somewhere off the motorway - it's not too far off either junction.

Aliandbuns said:
There's always Toddington Services (between junctions 11 and 12) if you cant find somewhere off the motorway - it's not too far off either junction.
I'd thought of Toddington but wasn't sure if it was miles from a junction. I'll pm Estelle and see if thats OK... then we decide north or southbound then meet Harvester as well and I have a car full of bunnies :D

I can meet you guys anywhere in that area, so just let me know once you've decided on the place. Will PM you my details too.

Anyway, thought you all might be interested in seeing the girl you're helping.

Here's JOSIE

DSCF0245.jpg

DSCF0246.jpg

Bless her Roo, she is a bit of a porker... I'll have to bring a bigger pet carrier :lol: only joking Josie.....

Did you get my pm about arranging to take her to ARC? The final bit of the bunny run is the only missing link

That's great news! Thankyou everyone.
I am working at the vets Tuesday till 7.30pm - you can either drop her to me there Jill, or I can arrange for a fosterer to take her in. Let me know what you'd prefer and I'll send you the relevent address.
It's suddenly gone mad here again - 21 have been added to the waiting list since Monday!

donna-arc said:
That's great news! Thankyou everyone.
I am working at the vets Tuesday till 7.30pm - you can either drop her to me there Jill, or I can arrange for a fosterer to take her in. Let me know what you'd prefer and I'll send you the relevent address.
It's suddenly gone mad here again - 21 have been added to the waiting list since Monday!
It will probably be around 7 ish by he time I get Josie to you. Sue's picking Betty up from me at 5 ..she'll need a cuppa bless her :D

please pm me the details of now to get to your Vets from the M3.

Ta muchly and see you on Tuesday

btw.. the waiting list.. is that the fed-up-with-Easter bunny-already syndrome :cry:

Back