• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holly finally lets me pick her up!

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
had Holly since Jan this year and picking her up is a mission, she heavy breaths and has on one occassion wet herself.

Over the weekend she has let me pick her up and cuddle her and looks so chilled out when im doing it - wierd how she is suddenly letting me :?

Hope its not a phase cause its sooo nice being able to pick her up and give her a cuddle!!!

awwww! bless her! :D I wish my two liked cuddles :? with Gypsy you can pick her up if you have too, she's not too happy about it and nibbles at my arm! :shock: but sometimes settles down. I'll never forget how happy I was when I first got to pick her up with out her totally freaking out! :D
Storm on the other hand..... he's capable of SERIOUS damage! :shock: but he's still a friendly bunster on his own terms and loves nose rubs :D

I only have one Bun who HATES being picked, Jessica.
She is just about OK if I stand still when holding her but if I walk she goes nuts :shock: :shock:

Glad Holly is getting much braver now :D

Janex

sparklefairy said:
I wonder what I'm doing wrong :? unless I just get the stroppy ones :(

And I would think Storm knows he has his size acting in his favour!!
A struggling little Bun is hard enough to hang on to but a struggling Frenchie :shock: :shock:
Janex

Alfie kennedy said:
I wonder what I'm doing wrong unless I just get the stroppy ones

You are not doing anything wrong!!! they will come around eventually...

I've had Gypsy 2 years :shock: and Storm since december. Storm started off being a little snuggle-bun, then as soon as hormones kicked in he changed! :( neutering him made him worse :shock: he's a stroppy teenage boy now and very strong with it! :shock:

JCO said:
sparklefairy said:
I wonder what I'm doing wrong :? unless I just get the stroppy ones :(

And I would think Storm knows he has his size acting in his favour!!
A struggling little Bun is hard enough to hang on to but a struggling Frenchie :shock: :shock:
Janex

tell me about it :shock: he kicks and headbuts me! :shock:

I couldn't cuddle Jack when I got him December - he hated being picked up. Now as long as I don't walk about with him too much he loves to be cuddled. Esp if I sit with my knees pulled up to my chest with him sat between my knees and chest. He'll almost drop off. When he's had enough I always let him hop off straight away so he feels in control.

Milly however - I can't even stroke her yet! As far as she is concerned I am a feeding machine on two legs and thats all!!

Back